Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THOMPSON, Heston, 1891

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jun 2007 17:53

See below in a mo'.

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jun 2007 17:53

Could some kind person look up Arthur Henry (or Henry Arthur) THOMPSON in 1891 for me please? He should be in Heston or Hounslow which is in the Brentford Registration District. He was born in around 1871 - in a couple of places .... Lewisham RD (Lee, Kent); Cheam, Surrey! I believe the latter is actually the birthplace of his father (George). I am hoping you'll find him married and tell me the name of other members of the household. Thanks in advance for your help. Regs Annie

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jun 2007 18:06

Just by way of further info, I gather this chap was married three times - and I'm having a devil of a job sorting out who to! Regs Annie

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Jun 2007 18:19

1891 possible Name: A Thompson Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1871 Relation: Son Father's name: George Gender: Male Where born: Lee, Kent, England Civil parish: Heston Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity Town: Hounslow County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Brentford Sub-registration district: Isleworth ED, institution, or vessel: 18 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age A Thompson 20 son, Lee A Thompson 75 Daughter, Hounslow, think age is out by a bit E Thompson 17 Daughter, Hounslow George Thompson 48 Redwick, Glos G W Thompson 21 Son,Cheam Alexander Road George is a gardener

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Jun 2007 18:33

1901 possible Name: A H Thompson (shown as Widow) Age: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1871 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Cheam, Surrey, England Civil parish: Heston Ecclesiastical parish: St Leonard County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Postman (sames as 1891) Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Brentford Sub-registration district: Isleworth ED, institution, or vessel: 15 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 6 Household Members: Name Age Ann Knights 81 Boarder A H Thompson 30 Alice Thompson 27 Hounslow, Sister Arthur Thompson 2 Gladys Thompson 7 Nellie Thompson 6

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jun 2007 18:56

Glitter Hello again - and many thanks! That's most definitely him. Shame he wasn't married then with kids, at least it would have given me a head start before the 'radio silence' after 1901! Thanks a lot - and happy hunting yourself. Kind regards Annie PS: The 75 year old daughter should have been 17 - but you probably knew that from 1901!