Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

French Records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 4 Jun 2007 09:28

Hi, does anyone know how I go about checking french birth and death records.Or census? I suspect that my great grandmother and her parents were french (although im not too sure). My great grandmother's maiden name was D'acon (she was born in england and i have found her on a birth record although her name has been spelt dacon without the ' ). And it shows her mother's maiden name to be Adame. I have been unable to find any records in the UK so far that have the surnames Adame or D'acon/Dacon so im assuming (based on the names sounding a bit french) that i need to somehow check french records.

Georgina

Georgina Report 4 Jun 2007 09:43

Ian what are her parents full names on the birth certificate? Georgina.

Sam

Sam Report 4 Jun 2007 10:05

Are they on a census, if so, where do they give as their place of birth? Sam x

Ian

Ian Report 4 Jun 2007 10:09

No idea yet, hopefully will have a copy of it in about a week. With a bit of luck it'll clear up a few things.

Georgina

Georgina Report 4 Jun 2007 10:48

Ian what was your G Grandmothers name and year of birth? Georgina.