Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census and Marriage Lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leslie

Leslie Report 4 Jun 2007 04:31

Hi Nice People I am looking for Thomas Joseph Cox born 26 June 1835 in Southwark, Surrey. Died After 13th March 1906. he married Emma Stocker. I don't know when they were married but need to find his parents and siblings...I know his father was Thomas William Cox born 27th April 1808 in St. Saviours, Surrey and died 8 June 1879 in Bennett Mews, Bennett Street, Christ Church Surrey, bit iffy on the wifes details. I think he married Mary ann Chambers born 1811, Kensington, Middlesex, died After 1881 in Southwark, Surrey I would be very grateful for any assistance.. Cheers Leslie

Mrs Badcrumble

Mrs Badcrumble Report 4 Jun 2007 05:46

Thomas and Emma's marriage : Thomas Joseph Cox Year of Registration: 1856 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Lambeth County: Greater London, London, Surrey Volume: 1d Page: 382 (click to see others on page) - Emma Martin Stocker

Leslie

Leslie Report 4 Jun 2007 06:03

Thank you for the lookup, it is very much appreciated... Cheers Leslie

Julie

Julie Report 4 Jun 2007 10:56

Leslie I've found him on the 1851 Thos Cox Age: 15 Estimated birth year: abt 1836 Relation: Servant Gender: Male Where born: Southwark Civil parish: Bethnal Green Ecclesiastical parish: St Philip County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Bethnal Green Sub-registration district: Town ED, institution, or vessel: 23 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 40 Household Members: Name Age Thos Cox 15 Ann Goold 23 Anne Peowrie 6 Charles Peowrie 25 Emma Peowrie 25 But there are to many on the 1841 to say for definite which one is him, so you'd be best to get the Marriage Certificate to get his dads name Julie

Julie

Julie Report 4 Jun 2007 11:06

This one is the nearest, But fathers isn't Thomas 1841 Thomas Cox Age: 2 Estimated birth year: abt 1839 Gender: Male Where born: Surrey, England Civil parish: St George The Martyr Hundred: Southwark County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: St George the Martyr Southwark Sub-registration district: Kent Road Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Emma Cox 6 George Cox 9 John Cox 13 Joseph Cox 40 Joseph Cox 15 Mary Cox 35 Mary Cox 20 Thomas Cox 2 Elizabeth Redd 35

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 4 Jun 2007 11:09

1841 Thos Cox Age: 33 Estimated birth year: abt 1808 Gender: Male Where born: Surrey, England Civil parish: Christchurch Hundred: Southwark County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: St Saviour Sub-registration district: Christchurch Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Alfred Cox 3 Mo John Cox 3 Mary Ann Cox 33 Mary Ann Cox 2 Thos Cox 33 Thos Cox 6 .................. this his parents in 1851? Thomas Cox Age: 42 Estimated birth year: abt 1809 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Mary Gender: Male Where born: St Saviours, Surrey, England Civil parish: Southwark Christ Church County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: St Saviour Southwark Sub-registration district: Christchurch ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 155 Household Members: Name Age Alfred Cox 10 Benjamin Cox 1 John Cox 43 Mary Cox 41 Richard Cox 4 Thomas Cox 42 think john is supposed to say 13 not 43.. the father on 1841 and 51 was a clerk,

Leslie

Leslie Report 5 Jun 2007 01:57

Thank you very much Julie and Jennifer. I appreciate the help Cheers Leslie