Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Urgent birthdate required please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robyn

Robyn Report 3 Jun 2007 21:59

I urgently need to know the year someone was born and call upon anyone to help me please. His name is Peter Mount and I believe he was born in Liverpool - I think he may have been born approx 1962 - 65. I cant be sure of anything really, but he has a son of approx 20 yrs old. Can anyone help me please? Thanks for your interest in helping. Robyn

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 3 Jun 2007 22:15

no peter mount born lpool 1962 on ancestry sorry.

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 3 Jun 2007 22:18

You can look through the births on Ancestry. It's free! You want the complete index, and need to look at each quarter for the years you're interested in. Good Luck!

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jun 2007 22:27

I checked 1962 on Ancestry for you but Quarter 3 and 4 are missing.....You will need to look at findMyPast which is a pay to view site.Sorry and good luck Gerri.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 3 Jun 2007 22:27

sent you pm .x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 Jun 2007 22:35

Ancestry has a habit of indexing the image wrong. Put in a name similiar to the one you are searching for - view the image - then go to previous or next image. Maureen

Robyn

Robyn Report 3 Jun 2007 22:37

Thanks for your suggestions. I need a miracle on this one - I just wanted to get the low down on the man that has some sort of religious hold on my step daughter. She says we cant even see her without his permission, and now he's doing something similar to my stepson. I just need to know that he's what he says he is and they are both ok.

Georgina

Georgina Report 3 Jun 2007 22:42

Robyn does he look as if he is in his mid 40's? If he is dodgy he is probably not using his correct name. Georgina.

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 3 Jun 2007 22:56

What kind of religion are we talking about, do you know? Or should I say cult - no religion as far as I know bans people from speaking to their parents. OC

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jun 2007 23:18

Why don't you go to the Police? Reg

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 3 Jun 2007 23:30

Reggie I believe the police are very reluctant to get involved in these cases - there is nothing that they can legally do, if the step children are adults. That is what is so invidious in these cult cases - they are not breaking any law. OC

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jun 2007 23:34

That thought had occurred to me, but the poster doesn't give the age of the 'girl'. Equally, I'm at a loss to know what help it will be to find out the man's birth details......... Reg

Robyn

Robyn Report 4 Jun 2007 05:30

You are correct in saying the police can't help, as my stepdaughter is over 21. The 'cult' is just him as far as I can tell, he's not living with his wife but spending just 2 nights a week with my stepdaughter - who incidently has given up work so she can spend more time studing the bible. He has done some good things ie. helped her loose some weight, but equally has some strange hold on her ie. she now refuses to use medication prescribed by the GP but says God will heal her and her son (now 8 yrs old). I want to gather as much information on him to see if he is what he says he is and is doing things legally. If I can find anything out about him that is false and have the chance to show her, then maybe she will see him for what I think he really is. I am not against someone having religious beliefs, but my mother instinct has alarm bells going off.

Penny

Penny Report 4 Jun 2007 07:31

If you consider the welfare, (be it physical or moral ) of a child is at risk it is your DUTY to inform social services of your concerns. DO IT. I assume you know where this child goes to school- if its a child related to you, and your cornerns are such, then i'd have thought the school headmaster would listen to your concerns, and at least be able to offer some reassurance. I am not sure how 1 man can be described as a religious 'cult', although who knows? It sounds pretty odd that your step daughter has given up work to study the bible- do you know ashe has done that , or just that she has given up work? I think there are things i'd be doing, far more effective than looking for the mans birth cert myself. whatever evidence you find to prove his status , she will disregard it, if she is really wound in. Even if he is using a name other than his own...what does that prove?

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 4 Jun 2007 10:59

As a mother myself, Robyn, I can see exactly where you are coming from. I too, would want to gather all the information that I could, on this man. Your daughter may not listen to you, but knowledge is power. Have you considered approaching his ex wife? I would not normally suggest this but I think if you do it carefully and considerately, you have justification in this case. Is the medication essential to her health? Look on the bright side - he may just be some inadequate who gets off on 'helping' people. I have met plenty of those. OC

Robyn

Robyn Report 4 Jun 2007 12:35

The medication I mentioned was when she had 4 wisdom teeth out which got infected. She never told us and was clever enough not to let us see her, as apparently she looked like a hamster. She refused to let the hospital lance the infected areas, but did eventually take antibiotics, though not the whole course. Her son is at no risk, as he spends most of his week with his father who if in any doubt contacts a grandparent or doctor without any hesitation. He only spends one night a week at his mother's home. I might consider contacting the wife if I knew where she lived or her name, but I dont think that would help as she is obviously under the same influence.

Penny

Penny Report 4 Jun 2007 12:51

So what is actually happening? you say he visits one or two nights..Does he 'stay with her' as well as having a wife ( don't want to be too explicit here....!) What does she do between times? can you visit when he isnt there - will she let you in/be sociable/ behave normally? Does she attend gatherings of 'like minded folks' on a regular basis? Can you go along and see for your self what happens at their meeetings or is a closed shop? Does this cult/religion/following have a name ( doesn't wear a little blue headscarf or anything does she?) Does he take money from her/she part with money because of the 'belief'? We havea group near us that call themselves the Jesus army- Some of their elders are odd to say the least, but some of the work they do is good, although some of their followers are a bit strange and 'wrapped up ' in the whole being

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 4 Jun 2007 13:22

Call it whatever you will - any adult who needs permission from another adult to speak to, or visit, members of her family, is being seriously manipulated, if nothing worse, and I would worry if this was one of my daughters. Add to this - he has not contacted you to explain WHY he doesn't think she should contact you - he may have a very good reason which we know nothing about - but if he hasn't explained this to you personally, then I think you are right to be concerned. Is it at all possible that your step-daughter is making up this 'permission needed', in order to avoid you for reasons which have nothing to do with this man? OC

Robyn

Robyn Report 6 Jun 2007 20:09

I read your comments with interest. Firstly, no she doesn't wear a headscarf. She will not always even answer the phone if she thinks it's our house that is calling, but she is the same with her mother too. I dont know how often he stops over, but believe that it's about twice a week. As for money, I have no idea if she gets any from him. She has always been very careful on how much she tells us, and when she did allow us into the house it could be that she was affectionate one day and then abrupt to say the least the next day or so. Or she will tell us is that she doesn't want anything from us. We think he lives away from his wife (never divorced as far as we know) and visits her home to see his son. We have come to the conclusion that it might be best to leave them to it and wait until she wants to come back into the family. Just leave them to it but have access to her son through his dad who looks after him during the week. I might still investigate where I can without too much cost in terms of money and time, but not as urgently as I had initially. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject. Robyn