Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PRECISE DATE FOR MARRIAGE???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 3 Jun 2007 00:43

I am trying to purchase a marriage certificate of my great grandparents. They were James Scannell and Ellen Buckley and were married in Cork, Ireland. Their oldest child was born in 1902, so I was presuming that they married approx. 1900-1902 I went to Cork Register office, have read various information online, visited catholic churches etc. but all my enquiries tell me that I need to know the exact date of the marriage (month, day & year) I need the exact date before any attempt to refer to records is made Any ideas on how I can get the exact date bearing in mind the only info I have is that it is in Cork. I don't know the specific area of Cork. Any suggestions greatly welcomed Gail

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 3 Jun 2007 07:47

ellen buckley is a very popular name in cork in ireland is there any more info you can give plz?? and in records in ireland they even give the dad and mam would you know these names?? also look for BERNICE 's thread on here she is brill at find my past searches.

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 3 Jun 2007 11:39

ok gail here you are hun THE IRISH GRO OFFICE INFORMATION (IRISH GENERAL RECORDS OFFICE) paste this in your browser http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm this will def help you and Sphone number bottom of page happy hunting shirl

Gail

Gail Report 3 Jun 2007 12:39

Thanks ever so much Shirley Unfortunately, I don't know any of the further information regarding Ellen Buckley - trust me to have a common name! I have looked at the link and am filling in a cert request as I type! Thanks again, very much appreciated Gail