Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which registrar office?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2007 14:24

I am in the middle of sending for copies of certificates, and most of them were registered in West Derby (Liverpool); however, there is no registrar office for West Derby now, so how do I go about obtaining copies of certificates please? Regards Rachel

Julie

Julie Report 2 Jun 2007 14:36

I get mine on line from here http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2007 14:54

Jim, Thank you for your reply. Which office should I contact for copies of certificates as it seems as though there are 4 which have taken over from West Derby? Regards Rachel

Rachel

Rachel Report 2 Jun 2007 14:58

Hi Julie, Thank you for your reply. I was wondering with the certificates from GRO - are they typed or copies of the originals? I have obtained copies of original certificates which is nice as you see the handwriting etc, but managed to get these direct from the registrar office. Is there a way to get copies of the original certificates from GRO? Regards Rachel

Thelma

Thelma Report 2 Jun 2007 14:58

WEST DERBY REGISTRATION DISTRICT Registration County : Lancashire. Created : 1.7.1837. Abolished : 1.10.1934 (succeeded by Bootle, Crosby, Liverpool North and Prescot districts).

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 2 Jun 2007 15:56

Rachel Go to Lancsbmd site - the usual ws in front and uk following. You can then find your certs and print off a form, which will have trhe correct address for the register office on it. Put a note in asking if you can have photocopies if possible. OC

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 2 Jun 2007 16:12

Geoff Just a small point - the GRO does not have ANY original records - they are all copies sent from the local RO, and the handwriting you have seen is that of the copying clerk, not your ancestor. OC