Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jun 2007 12:21

Please can someone look up Annie Wilson (nee Gray) on the 1901 census. She was born in Gainsborough, Lincs in 1872. I believe her husbands name is Thomas Wilson but I don't know anything about him. Thank you for your help. Jane

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jun 2007 12:28

1901 a couple of possibles Ann Wilson Thomas abt 1871 Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England Wife St Mary Lincolnshire Annie M Wilson Henry abt 1873 Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England Wife Worksop Nottinghamshire How do you know the married surname without the christian name?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jun 2007 12:29

Marriages Mar 1899 (>99%) Buxton Joseph Thorne 9c 877 Gray Annie Thorne 9c 877 THORPE George Thorne 9c 877 Wilson Amy Thorne 9c 877 There is is this marriage but she would not have married a Wilson Maureen

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jun 2007 12:40

Hi GlitterBaby Thank you so much for your help I have a possibly marriage for Annie Gray and I was just trying to check it out against the 1901 census. However it turns out I must have it wrong because I can't find the marriage on FreeBMD for Sept quart1891 in Gainsborough. I wonder where I got that fname and date from. All the best Jane

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jun 2007 12:49

Marriages Sep 1891 (>99%) Gray Annie Gainsbro' 7a 1299 Willson Thomas Gainsbro' 7a 1299 Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jun 2007 12:51

1901 just in case it is the right couple Name: Ann Wilson Age: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1871 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Thomas Gender: Female Where born: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England Civil parish: St Mary Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary Town: Lincoln County/Island: Lincolnshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Lincoln Sub-registration district: Lincoln Home ED, institution, or vessel: 23 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 57 Household Members: Name Age Albsert Wilson 2 Ann Wilson 30 John T H Wilson 6 Thomas Wilson 32 Lincolnshire Maureen

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jun 2007 12:58

Thanks Maureen I thought I was going mad. How did you manage to find that marriage? I will write down that 1901 census info you have given me and will check it out later when I can afford to buy some more certs. It seems likely to be her as her age is about right and place of birth is right. thanks again for all your help. Jane