Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 image check please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 1 Jun 2007 11:21

I'm looking for Jarana Goodacre, and believe I have found a possible mistranscription in the 1901. Her husband, Edward B Goodacre born c1860 in Peterborough appears ro be married to a Sarah. Could someone please check the image and see in this could be a Jarana? They are living in the 'Formerly Belgrave Leicester' parish. Could I also have information about others in the household please? Thanks Anna

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Jun 2007 11:26

It's definitely Sarah on the original. Good handwriting for a change, no mistaking it. Edward is a brewers traveller. born Peterboro, Sarah born Huntingdon, children born Norton, Durham and mother born Orton Long, Huntingdon Margaret

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Jun 2007 11:27

Name: Edward B Goodacre Age: 40 Estimated birth year: abt 1861 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah Mother's name: Cuttern Gender: Male Where born: Peterborough, Northamptonshire, England Civil parish: Leicester Formerly Belgrave Ecclesiastical parish: New Humberstone St Barnabas County/Island: Leicestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Leicester Sub-registration district: North East Leicester ED, institution, or vessel: 43 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 11 Household Members: Name Age Claude E Goodacre 7 Cuttern Goodacre 76 (Edwards Mother) Edward B Goodacre 40 Kathleen M Goodacre 9 Sarah Goodacre 41 this sarah is not mistranscribed, Roy

Anna

Anna Report 1 Jun 2007 11:32

I also believe I have found them in the 1891, in Durham, ie. the correct place for the birth of the child. How odd.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Jun 2007 11:33

If you would like a copy of the image PM me your email Roy

Anna

Anna Report 1 Jun 2007 11:35

Thanks for your help. I found the marriage for an Edward Benjamin Goodacre to a Jarana Parkinson, in 1889 Peterborough, but cannot find a death for her or a remarriage for him after 1889 and before 1901.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Jun 2007 11:42

I have sent you the image Roy

Whitenancy

Whitenancy Report 1 Jun 2007 11:45

I have found janrana on 1871 census with her parents mistranscibed as Parkinson

Anna

Anna Report 1 Jun 2007 11:48

Thank you all for your help.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Jun 2007 12:08

In 1891 she is Jarana but he is Ernest B. They're living at Edgar Terrace, Norton, Durham and say thery're both born Peterborough, Stanground.