Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed Please: baptism or birth 1786

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 1 Jun 2007 10:19

I was wonder if someone could help me find the birth or baptism record of Richard Springfield (may also be nown as Samuel) born about 1786 he was buried in St Brides Fleet Street London in 1835 aged 49 many thanks Terry

Heather

Heather Report 1 Jun 2007 10:23

Have you checked familysearch.org IGI? Nope, sorry neither name on there for baptism - Dont know if this marriage may be worth keeping for reference though - from Pallots: Wm Springfield Elzth Lang 1792 St Boltolph Without Aldgate

Terence

Terence Report 1 Jun 2007 10:27

Hi Heather Yes many thanks Terry

Terence

Terence Report 1 Jun 2007 10:28

Heather, Thanks for looking Terry

Heather

Heather Report 1 Jun 2007 10:32

On ancestry trees someone has this lot: Dont know if they may be connected? Name: Mary Ann Springfield Birth: 8 Jun 1814 - Hornchurch Death: Mar 1880 - Essex Parents: Samuel Springfield, Sarah Springfield Spouse: Jasper Bowman Name: Samuel Springfield Birth: Abt 1785 - Hornchurch, Essex Spouse: Sarah Springfield You really ought to go to familysearch.org and just enter the surname in the search as its quite an unusual name and the results may be worth holding on to in case there are any connections. eg records to download - (50 maximum) 1. SAM SPRINGFIELD - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 20 MAY 1750 Saint Martin At Palace, Norwich, Norfolk, England 2. SAMUEL SPRINGFIELD - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: JUN 1812 Hornchurch, Essex, England I mean, could this be dad or uncle or someone? RICHARD SPRINGFIELD Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: SPRINGFIELD Family -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Other Event(s): Adult Christening: 16 APR 1771 St Sepulchre, London, London, England Age at Adult Christening: 17

Terence

Terence Report 1 Jun 2007 11:34

Hi Heather, Thanks for looking again. No that's not the one. Richard 's wifes name is Ann. I'm not certen if Richard and Samuel are brothers or the same person. When I've looked at baptism records they always seem to live in the same place, around St Andrew's in Holborn or St Brides Fleet Street. many thanks Terry

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 1 Jun 2007 12:02

Hi Terrence, There's also a Hy Springfield born St Andrew's Holborn 1785 on Pallots. Parents Hy and Ann. Could be a relative of your Richard. Deb:)

Heather

Heather Report 1 Jun 2007 12:51

I wondered if that chap may be the father or a relative, not your actual Richard/Sam. Just something to keep handy.

Terence

Terence Report 1 Jun 2007 17:13

Hi Deb , Heather Thanks for looking. Yes I've seen Hy Springfield Baptism date 1785 I also wondered if this could be a relation of Richard but I still need to find Richards birth or baptism date to connect them. I thank both of your for your help, I would have repiled individually but I couldn't work out how to do it. many thanks Terry