Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 19:21

thanks jennifer

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 19:23

hello can anyone please tell me how to find someone's siblings, after the 1901 cencus, my dad was born in 1906 i know he had siblings but i have no idea how to go about finding them, iknow his parents names! thanks alison

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 May 2007 19:25

difficult if they are b before 1911 as you wont find a mothers maiden name on the birth index.

Susan

Susan Report 31 May 2007 19:28

if you give their names and where the siblings were born we could narrow it down a bit ( unless like my rellies they are Smith). Sue

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 May 2007 19:30

they married 1899

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 19:32

thanks susan but i don't know their names apart from one his name was frank, my dad's name was john and yes unfortunatly their name was smith born in helliwell bolton manchester lol!! to john smith and mary rainford, i'm never gonna find them am i

Susan

Susan Report 31 May 2007 19:34

do you think any were born after 1911, I could look for the maiden name after that date. Sue

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 19:43

possibly susan, mary ranford was born in 1876 and married john in 1899

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 19:43

yes thats right jennifer thank you

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 May 2007 19:46

i had a quick look at the 1911 births for smith, there was 89 pages for one yr... is there no one in your family who would be able to give you a clue to names. aunts uncles etc,,,

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 19:51

no they r all long gone, its such a shame, i've been doing so well with my tree, my parents were in there 50's when i came along, bit of a shock for them lol, it took me 9 months to find my dad's birth n death certs

Susan

Susan Report 31 May 2007 19:52

I presume you have your dad's birth cert, if so you could try the registry office for that town, they might do a search for siblings. Sue

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 20:03

thank u sue, do i have t visit them or can i e mail them if i can find them i know it was helliwell bolton manchester, he's burried there and mary was married there, is it poss that some of thm could also be buried there

Ali

Ali Report 31 May 2007 20:10

thank you ladies for all your help alison

Susan

Susan Report 31 May 2007 20:18

you could write or e-mail, you could also try Family relatives .com ( I think thats right) On there you can put in maiden name and area . There will still be a lot of pages but you only pay to search, you don't have to pay for the year. I looked all through 1912 but didn't find anything. Sue