Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

USA help please. connecticut death index on Ancest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shannette

Shannette Report 31 May 2007 18:42

I am looking for my grandfather Andrew Greenwood.My father was also named Andrew and was born in 1929 in Waterbury Conn and his parents were Andrew Greenwood and Mae Mahoney. The trouble is that they didn't marry and I can't find any evidence to connect my dad to his dad. The only possible one is born in 1911 and died in 1977.He married a Dorothy Hackett but I don't know when so can't be sure that my dad was born before then. PS On this index he's listed as Andre N rather than Andrew. Can anyone access this record?

~~Trassle

~~Trassle Report 31 May 2007 22:13

I have some credits left but am a bit confused what you are asking. Have found a Andrew john Greenwood 22/09/1929 is this your father or grandfather

Shannette

Shannette Report 1 Jun 2007 19:15

Sorry Tracey--my dad was born in 1929 and died in 2001 and I think the other one born 1911 died 1977 is his father.I've actually had a relative here today from the Us and she seemed to think that Andrew senior could have been French but didn't know who told her this!

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Jun 2007 16:13

I live in Canada and see a lot of French names anglicised to English ones, especially for those that cross the border from Canada to USA. If it's true that your Andrew Sr. was French, I'd like to bet that he was originally Andre Boisvert. I see a few Boisvert families in Connecticut on the census but unfortunately not an Andre. Margaret

Shannette

Shannette Report 2 Jun 2007 19:11

I've noticed that too and on the Mormon site there are quite a few in Waterbury.

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 7 Jun 2007 08:57

about Andrew Boisvert ! Name: Andrew Boisvert Home in 1930: Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut Age: 18 Estimated birth year: abt 1912 Birthplace: Connecticut Relation to Head of House: Brother-in-law Race: White Occupation: Education: Military Service: Rent/home value: Age at first marriage: Parents' birthplace: View image Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Napoleon Greenwood 24 Henrietta Greenwood 25 Andrew Boisvert 18

Shannette

Shannette Report 7 Jun 2007 12:45

Thanks Carol--that's a weird one having both spellings in one family.

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 13 Jun 2007 11:38

Social Security Death Index about Andrew Greenwood Name: Andrew Greenwood SSN: 711-10-4444 Last Residence: 06702 Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America Born: 3 Jun 1911 Last Benefit: 06704 Waterbury, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America Died: Nov 1977 State (Year) SSN issued: Railroad Board (Issued Through) (Before 1951

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 13 Jun 2007 11:39

Connecticut Death Index, 1949-2001 about ANDRE N GREENWOOD Name: ANDRE N GREENWOOD Death Date: 26 Nov 1977 Death Place: Waterbury, Connecticut Age: 66 Years Birth Date: xxxYOB Marital Status: Widowed Spouse: DORO State File #: 22975 Residence: Waterbury, Connecticut Gender: Unknown Race: White

Shannette

Shannette Report 13 Jun 2007 12:46

Thanks Carol--this seems to confirm that they are the same person and either the name Andrew has been written as Andre N or he was originally from a french family. I wish I could join him to my dad somehow.