Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891/1901 census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 31 May 2007 18:06

Hi there, I am trying to trace the residents of Dunsdale Farm Cottage, Bracehead Road, Westerham Kent in 1891 and 1901. I know that in 1881 it was the following: Charles Stone, M, Head, widowed, age 34, born Westerham, Kent; occupation Farm labourer Dunsdale Farm Cottage Westerham, Kent Mary Dawes, F, Housekeeper, single, age 62, born Oxted, Surrey; occupation Servant Please can someone do a look up for me? It must be the farm cottage and not the farm or house! Thank you very much Alison

imp

imp Report 31 May 2007 18:24

Charles Stone is at Dunsdale Farm with housekeeper so that rules him out (not cottage) in 1891 Following the enumerator on 1881 and comparing it to 1891 I wonder if this is still the same building. ( I know it is not this chap you are interested in, rather the address, but I should just add that 34 year old Charles Stone in 1881 is still with Mary Dawes in 1891 but is aged 65.....!!!! he is also on the 1871 widowed aged 45 with Mary Daws servant) On the 1901 I can only see it enumerated as Dunsdale - no particular buildings specified. Maybe someone with Findmypast or 1901 online can do an address search. Gail.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 31 May 2007 18:35

1891 Charles Stone Age: 41 Estimated birth year: abt 1850 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Westerham, Kent, England Civil parish: Westerham Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary Town: Westerham County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Sevenoaks Sub-registration district: Sevenoaks ED, institution, or vessel: 18 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Alfred Stone 5 Alice Stone 9 Charles Stone 41 farm labourer Emily Stone 17 George Stone 14 Kate Stone 4 Mary A Stone 7 William Stone 12 1 Park Cottages Sawyers? park

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 31 May 2007 18:48

could this be death? Charles Stone Estimated birth year: abt 1849 Year of Registration: 1901 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar Age at Death: 52 DISTRICT: West Ashford County: Kent Volume: 2a Page: 545 (click to see others on page)

imp

imp Report 31 May 2007 18:56

The surnames of the residents at Dunsdale in 1901 are..... Stenning or Stemming? Shepherd, Black, Streatfield, Charman? I don't know if these names mean anything to you, Gail.