Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone with a knowledge of Perthshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 31 May 2007 16:37

I have found a birth entry for one of my ancestors on Scotland's people. He was born in Muthill, Perthshire. the birth was in 1794 and luckily it also lists his siblings and there place of births. One of his brother's is down as being born at Drummom Castle, is this the name of a place or is it an actual castle and if it is a castle why on earth would he be born there. thanks

Potty

Potty Report 31 May 2007 16:42

Could it be Drummond Castle - if you google there is quite a lot about Drumond Castle, Muthill, Perthshire Pam

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 31 May 2007 16:54

Yes it may well be. I have just discovered that their grandmother's name was Christian Drummond (maiden name), which is rather interesting. But by looking on google I cant find who was living at Drummond Castle at this period. Has anyone any suggestions?????

Potty

Potty Report 31 May 2007 17:46

Siobhan Might it be worth while contacting the castle - big estates like that quite often have records going back hundreds of years. Pam