Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Honeoye U.S.A

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ken

Ken Report 30 May 2007 07:15

Honeoye U.S.A I have traced that two of my Great uncles emigrated to the U.S from Shipdham Norfolk England , Robert Fitt in 1906, followed by his young brother George on the 3rd March 1907. They both lived there until they died and were both buried in the local cemetery. Robert married a woman named Jessie, and they had children , details below: I may be making a trip there in 2008 and would love to find out if any of their ancestors are still living in that area, which I would imagine there would be. So if any one from that area picks up this and has any details from local records, on any Fitt’s still in that area, I would love to hear from them Thank you Ken Children... ———————————————————————————————————————— 1. F Child: LINDA MAY FITT Birth: 1915 Place: HONEOYE FALLS, MONROE, NEW YORK ———————————————————————————————————————— 2. F Child: HARRIETT E FITT Birth: 1916 Place: HONEOYE FALLS, MONROE, NEW YORK ———————————————————————————————————————— 3. F Child: MARGUERITE FITT Birth: 1917 Place: HONEOYE FALLS, MONROE, NEW YORK ———————————————————————————————————————— 4. M Child: ROBERT G FITT Birth: 25 Apr 1919 Place: HONEOYE FALLS, MONROE, NEW YORK Death: 3 Nov 1996 Place: HONEOYE FALLS, MONROE, NEW YORK User Note 1: Social security number 126-10-2754 ———————————————————————————————————————— 5. F Child: HILDA MARIE FITT Birth: 1929 Place: HONEOYE FALLS, MONROE, NEW YORK

Derek

Derek Report 30 May 2007 11:19

Good morning Ken, tough one as only one male child to carry name onwards. However do try www.anywho(.)com, enter surname and NY. Up will come 80 odd names, but the first eight are all Fitt with address and telephone numbers. Just write an introductory letter and try your luck. I did it for my name and had two replies, try it. Derek in France

Heather

Heather Report 30 May 2007 12:11

Hello Derek, long time ..........

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 May 2007 12:39

I presume you have this, Ken, from the Honeoye Falls Cemetery? FITT George; 1884 - 1970 Jessie M.; 1889 - 1970 Robert; 1864 - 1960

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 May 2007 12:44

Also came across this obit. Her maiden name must have been Fitt because she has a brother by that name. Lydia M. Pierce Honeoye Falls - Lyda M. Pierce, 91, died Feb. 11, 2006. She was predeceased by her husband Ray in 1994. She is survived by her daughter Linda (Paul) Palmer of Florida; grandchildren, Lisa Palmer of Florida and Michelle (Eamon) Dillon of Arizona; brother Charles (Sivia) Fitt of Rushville; and sisters, Marguerite (Laverne) Habecker and Hilda Ferguson, all of West Bloomfield; several nieces and nephews. No prior calling. Graveside Services were held at the Honeoye Falls Cemetery. Memorials may be made to a charity of one's choice. Arrangements by Kevin W. Dougherty Funeral Home, Inc. in Livonia.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 May 2007 12:55

Also in North Bloomfield Cemetery, Ontario Co., NY. The cemetery is southeast of North Bloomfield, on the northeast side of the highway. Just over the Ontario County line from Honeoye Falls, NY. Fitt, Gertrude M., b. 1924, d. no date, s/w Robert Fitt Fitt, James L., b. 1949, d. no date, s/w Robert Fitt Fitt, Robert G., b. 1919, d. 1996, s/w Gertrude Fitt Fitt, Steven E., b. 1951, d. 1990, s/w Robert Fitt

Ken

Ken Report 30 May 2007 16:04

My sincere thanks to you all, I did not really expect a result....and so quickly. I now need to study the data you have kindly supplied to me. Thanks again Ken

Ken

Ken Report 30 May 2007 16:22

Margaret, thanks for the info on the Fitt deaths, for sure Robert G Fitt was one of my clan. But can you tell me what the s/w stands for, I guess I should know.........but I don't! Ken

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 May 2007 17:30

That's funny, Ken! I just said to my husband 'I hope he doesn't ask what s/w stands for'. Like you, I should know but I don't. There was nothing on the site to explain what it meant. Surely one of the wise people on this site can explain. Margaret