Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Darlington

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 29 May 2007 20:48

Hi i am trying to find out when my nan and grandad got married (my nan married 2 or 3 times) . Her name was Elsie Sanderson (born in Huddersfield 1911) then Bodsworth then i think Darlington (it's the Darlington one i am after). She died in Blackpool in 2002. None of my family seem to know anything about this which i find strange . Please can anyone help? Many thanks Elaine

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 29 May 2007 20:55

you will have to do a page by page search for this one, it can be very tedious. you can search the marriage index for free on ancestry, hope you find it,

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 May 2007 21:10

Elaine I'm copying here your other thread about this person........it would help us to help you if you answered the questions asked. Click on 'add reply', rather than starting another thread........keeps things all together........... Elsie Sanderson Hi my nan was born in 1911 (died in 2002) and married joseph bodsworth then i think jack darlington i can not seem to find out when she married either of these men and also if there were any more husbands (my family can't seem to help) i have just used 50 credits looking. Please help. Many thanks Elaine -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Joan Dobson on 26/05/2007 17:04:22 Hi Elaine, to help with the search and to prevent duplication; where have you searched and what years ? Joan -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Shirley I,m getting the hang of it ♫ on 26/05/2007 17:04:44 So did she have any children by her first hubby, this may give a time period from which to start otherwise its a long slog thro each qtr qnd year on Ancestry -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added By Reggie Harvey on 26/05/2007 17:21:23 | Update Message | Delete Message Elaine There is absolutely no need to use credits to look for bmd's..........they are all FREE on Ancestry. Reg -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added By Reggie Harvey on 26/05/2007 17:16:41 | Update Message | Delete Message This must be the death.......... Name: Elsie Darlington Birth Date: 1 Aug 1911 Death Registration Month/Year: Nov 2002 Age at death (estimated): 91 Registration district: Blackpool Inferred County: Lancashire Register number: C13D Entry Number: 259 Was she also born and married in Blackpool? Reg -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Irene Seabrook on 26/05/2007 17:18:27 You beat me to it Reg - just looked those details. Regards Irene -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Joan Dobson on 27/05/2007 16:54:11 Helo Elaine, Do you have any more tit bits of information that may help us search for you; as in the questions asked, Joan _________________________________________ Reg