Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 and 1851 Caernarvon lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 29 May 2007 19:42

Please can some one see if they can find my ancester Daniel Williams, a victualler, in Llanbeblig, Caernarvon. I would expect him to have been born 1780 - 1800. I believe that he was the inn keeper at the White Horse. Thank you, Julia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 May 2007 19:51

Do you know any more? Wife's name? Children? When did he die? 20 years is a long span for possible birth year Reg

Julia

Julia Report 29 May 2007 19:58

Reg, Daniel's wife was called Ellen. The children were baptised between 1817 and 1825: William 1817 John 1819 Daniel 1820 Ann 1822 Boaz 1823 Ann 1825 I don't know when Daniel and Ellen died. In 1851 son Daniel is in Liverpool.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 29 May 2007 20:06

boaz in 1841 Boaz Williams Age: 15 Estimated birth year: abt 1826 Gender: Male Where born: Caernarvonshire, Wales Civil parish: Llanbeblig Hundred: Is Gorfai County/Island: Caernarvonshire Country: Wales Street address: View image Occupation: View image Registration district: Caernarvon Sub-registration district: Carnarvon Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Name Ann Charles 15 Boaz Williams 15

Julia

Julia Report 30 May 2007 12:33

Thanks Jennifer, Does anyone have access to the censuses who can search on the 'White Horse' (in Llanbeblig, Caernarvon) to see who was living there in 1841 and 1851? Thank you