Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing marriages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam of Kent

Pam of Kent Report 29 May 2007 12:44

I am attempting to trace 2 marriages from the early 20th century, and need to call on new pairs of eyes to see if I've missed them. Male partner has surname Wennell in both instances, female is Spikeman in one and Alexander in the other. I do not have christian names, as this is an attempt to trace all instances of the Wennell surname. I have looked at ancestry, but can't find them. In both instances the first children I know about were born circa 1911.(but mothers maiden name only appears then) Of course- they may not have married at all!!!!!

Julie

Julie Report 29 May 2007 12:54

Pam I had a look and couldn't see anything, i also looked for the birth to see what area you were talking and still couldn't see anything.I think you might need to get their B/C Julie

Georgina

Georgina Report 29 May 2007 13:06

Pam I take it this is one of their children? If you send for the birth certificate you will get both parents full names, maybe they married in Ireland or Scotland. Births Dec 1912 (47%) WENNELL Florence M Spikeman Lambeth 1d 790 Georgina.

Pam of Kent

Pam of Kent Report 29 May 2007 13:19

Yep,Georgina, thats one of the 6 I've found. Thanks for looking,both of you.