Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could someone do a look-up for me please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zillah

Zillah Report 28 May 2007 15:16

I've just found another surname in my family and would anyone be kind enough to do a look-up please. This is the person: Emma Charlotte Curzon. All I have on her is she married Frank Edwards in WELLINGBOROUGH June 1888. They then lived in Earls Barton, Northants I would like to find her age & place of birth and who her parents were and maybe even their parents' I think Frank Edwards was born in Knotting, Beds. So Emma may come from Bedfordshire or Northants. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 May 2007 15:23

Births Sep 1869 (>99%) Curzon Emma Charlotte Wellingbro' 3b 129 Have you got them on 1891 census? Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 May 2007 15:29

1881 pure guesswork Name: Emma P. Curzon Age: 11 Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Thomas Mother's name: Edith Gender: Female Where born: Earls Barton, Northamptonshire, England Civil parish: Earls Barton County/Island: Northamptonshire Country: England Street address: Tebbutts Yard Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Scholar Registration district: Wellingborough Sub-registration district: Earls Barton ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie N. Curzon 7 Edith Curzon 34 Emma P. Curzon 11 Frederick T. Curzon 5 Thomas Curzon 32 shoe rivetter William Curzon 1 You would need the marriage cert to confirm name of father Maureen

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 May 2007 15:34

Her they are on the 1891 Name: Emma C Edwards Age: 22 Estimated birth year: abt 1869 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Frank Gender: Female Where born: Northants, Earls Barton Civil parish: Rushden Ecclesiastical parish: Rushden Town: Rushden County/Island: Northamptonshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Wellingborough Sub-registration district: Higham Ferrers ED, institution, or vessel: 17 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Emma C Edwards 22 Florence Edwards 2 Frank Edwards 21 Roy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 May 2007 15:39

1871 Name: Thomas Coarlong Age: 22 Estimated birth year: abt 1849 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Estha Gender: Male Where born: Norths, Great Daddington -Doddington Civil parish: Earls Barton Town: Earls Barton County/Island: Northamptonshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Wellingborough Sub-registration district: Earls Barton ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 204 Household Members: Name Age Charlotte Coarlong 1 Estha Coarlong 23 - could be Edith, Earls Barton Thomas Coarlong 22 Could do with a second opinion please Places of birth match the 1881 family. Thomas is a shoe maker. Image could be Courson ???? Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 May 2007 15:56

Oh bother !!! Now wondering if the 1871 is Cousins as I can find a match on 1861 for Thomas Cousins born in Doddington Maureen

Zillah

Zillah Report 28 May 2007 15:57

Thank you so much Gary, Maureen & Roy. Maureen (Glitterbaby) I think you helped me ages ago and you found the marriage for me in Wellingborough. I'm trying now to go back & make a start on researching the Curzon's. Do you think the one you've found in Earls Barton is the right one, with the middle initial being P? It perhaps maybe that they got the initial wrong on that census. It must be the right one. What do you think? Many, many thanks again for your help. There's not a lot to do on a miserable Bank holiday is there? A good time to catch up on the research! Best wishes Zillah

Zillah

Zillah Report 28 May 2007 16:03

Maureen,Hi again My last reply crossed with your last 2 entries Those 2 surnames make it more confusing. The Courlong family has the spouse as Estha so perhaps that's a different family. Gt Addington is very close to Earls Barton. UPDATE SO IS DODDINGTON Cousins is nearer to Curzon so perhaps that's Emma's family Zillah