Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with a lady's name would be appreciated

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joseph

Joseph Report 28 May 2007 00:52

The lady I am looking for was known in my family as Aunt Cas. For an early 2oth century cathlolic lady in Liverpool what would her real name be? Thank you for your consideration Joe

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 28 May 2007 01:04

Cassandra possibly. However there's always that chance that her nickname isn't related to her proper name at all. Is she married to one of your ancestors? Did you see my message on your last thread? Please supply feedback by using the Add Reply button above. Ozi.

Georgina

Georgina Report 28 May 2007 01:10

Joe do you know who she married? Georgina.

Joseph

Joseph Report 28 May 2007 01:31

Georgina and Ozi, Cas married a MR. Hayes either in Liverpool or Flintshire, their daughter Elizabeth Hayes married Stanley Salisbury in Hollywell in 1930 11b 390 So I would think Cas married about 1900- 1912 For the other lady researcher named Ozi :-Thank you for your kind assistance with the ELIZABETH Hayes, Joe

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 28 May 2007 01:47

This one is more tricky, Joe. For you to be certain, you will need to buy Elizabeth's marriage cert which will give you her father's name. You can do that online. There is this marriage, but it is a LONG SHOT. I found it on the freebmd website. There are 2 couples on the page & Cassandra may have married the other bloke. Marriages Jun 1903 Douglas Ellen Ecclesall B. 9c 554 ...>>>Hayes Frank Townley Ecclesall B. 9c 554 Marsh James Ecclesall Bierlow 9c 554 ...>>>Tyzack Cassandra Sherrin Ecclesall B. 9c 554 Ozi.

Joseph

Joseph Report 28 May 2007 04:56

Dear Colaborators!!! I have been busy!! See what you make of this...... In my great grandfather's house Lancs1901 census, Malcolm Mc Lean, there is also a niece born in Wales named Elizabeth Jackson b1887. She has been hanging around in Lancashire for some time as she also appears in the Lancs 1891 Census at the home of Malcolms Wifes family. So I tried to find a marriage in flint between a Mr,Hayes and an Elizabeth Jackson- UNFOUND. Then I thought possibly she grew up mostly in Lancashire. So I combed the Lancashire BMD and there is only one such combo Elizabeth Jackson- Marry- Sampson Hayes in Manchester 1909, he would have been 22 if it is the same girl.Then their daughter Elizabeth Hayes -Marry- Stanley Salisbury in Holywell in 1930. I give this a twirl to one my oldest relatives [ on my mother's side] who now lives in Canada. She is the one who reminded me about the lady known as Aunt Cas and her daughter Elizabeth aand her husband Stanley Salisbury, the Salisburys had two girls one named Veronica and the other Monica. Strangely my mother was also Veronica and her cousin who is in Canada is named Monica. Joe

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 28 May 2007 05:28

It looks promising Joe. It will be interesting what your Canadian rellie thinks of the idea. Ozi.

Georgina

Georgina Report 28 May 2007 09:39

Joe because the info you have is very vague you need to go with what you know to be 100% right. The first thing I would do is get Elizabeth's marriage certificate, at least then you will have her age and her father's name & occupation, also the witnesses might provide a clue. If we can narrow down a birth for Elizabeth her birth certificate will confirm her father & mothers names etc etc Georgina.