Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MORE LOST RELLIES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 27 May 2007 19:50

Hi Can anyone find the following, once again i cant see for looking, Barbara Hill B Abt 1843 Glasgow , married a James Kyle on 24/11/1866 in Glasgow found one child James Kyle b 1/5/1866, i cant find any of them on any 1871 census onwards, found barbara on 1861 census prior to marriage but then nothing, any help appreciated Thanks Karen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 May 2007 21:59

Karen, Do you have the marriage cert? Just wondering the age of James and his occupation. How have you got back to James and Barbara? Maureen UPDATED IGI has the date of marriage as 24 Nov 1865 IGI does show James born 1 May 1866 with right names for parents

Karen

Karen Report 28 May 2007 09:15

Hi Maureen Sorry my fault marriage for Barbara & James was 24/11/1865, on marriage certificate James was 24 occupation a cartwright, fathers name James Kyle & Jane Chambers, Barbara's parents were James Hill & Mary Hay, both deceased, on 1861 census Barbara was living with her Grand mother & Brothers John & James, hope this helps Thanks Karen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 May 2007 10:40

Still not found anything on this one. Must be missing something obvious. How have you got back to James and Barbara? Maureen

Karen

Karen Report 28 May 2007 11:18

Hi Maureen, I have Barbara's marriage certificate, i also traced her on census up to 1861 as i know who her parents and grandparents were, but alas have lost her after her marriage, i cant find a death for her, she seems to have disappeared, Karen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 May 2007 11:26

ScotlandsPeople show one death in 1878 for a Barbara Kyle using the year of birth as 1843 +/- 1 No idea if the same person as I have no credits left on ScotlandsPeople 1871 census on ScotlandsPeople does not give one match for that name Maureen

Karen

Karen Report 28 May 2007 12:17

Hi Maureen I found the same one , unfortunetly it's not her, think this is going to have to go on pending file,for another day thanks for your help, and to others who searched Karen