Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ingleton, Yorkshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

motherhen

motherhen Report 27 May 2007 16:58

Hi Everyone Please could someone tell me under which Records Office does this place come? I must be really stupid as I have spent all afternoon trying to work out which Family history society it comes under and where the nearest Records Office was! Many thanks in anticipation of someone putting me out of my misery! Diana

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 27 May 2007 17:15

Hello diana Ingleton is in the parish of low bentham, West riding of Yorkshire. The family history group is Wharfedale FHG. Hope that helps Sharmala.

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 27 May 2007 17:23

Diana http://www*genuki*org*uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/Lowbentham/index.html. Replace stars with dots in address. Im just become a member of the wharfedale family history group and have found it so far very helpful.just scroll down page for the link to the group. Sharmala.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 27 May 2007 17:24

http://www.a2a.org.uk/about/*contributors*/191-list.asp leave out the *

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 27 May 2007 18:00

Hi Diane The Ingleton Parish Records are held at Durham Records Office.. Church of England Parishes Ingleton St. John the Evangelist Post-1800 parish (Diocese of Durham) <P>Ingleton St. John the Evangelist was created in 1845 from Staindrop St. Mary the Virgin Type of Register Start Date End Date Baptisms November 1844 December 1957 Banns May 1849 July 1981 Marriages April 1845 August 1990 Burials March 1845 January 1959 Funerals No Registers Deposited / No Indexes Graves No Registers Deposited / No Indexes Yours Mo At one point this place was classed as Durham.. when the border changes came about the place was then classed as North Yorkshire.. Mo

motherhen

motherhen Report 27 May 2007 20:25

Hi Sharmala, Jennifer and Mo Thank you, thank you, thank you. I could not work out where to go! I have only just started on my great grandfather's information and all I know is that he was born in Ingleton. His wife was born in Penistone which I think is North Yorkshire.(correct me if I am wrong). Sharmala Thank you for name of the Wharedale family history society. I shall go and look at that site. Jennifer Thank you for the a2a website - I shall check it out Mo Thank you also for your information. I did find there are two Ingletons so I am not sure if my ancestor came from the one near Durham or the one nearer Lancaster. It could be very useful if I discover it is the Durham one. Sorry it took me so long to reply but had to go and collect hubby and daughter from Centenary Scout Camp at Anstruther and then needed to feed them! Diana