Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

informant

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Olive

Olive Report 27 May 2007 13:15

On my Grandmothers death certificate she died in broadmoor hospital. the informant qualification is occupier so would this be another patient so some one who worked. thank olive

Heather

Heather Report 27 May 2007 14:12

Occupier? Are you sure - could you scan and let us see this informant ? I think its highly unlikely a patient would have the responsibility of registering a death but I cant see how 'occupier' would fit in to this scenario. I take it their address is given as the hospital? Surely someone on the nursing staff would be much more likely?

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 May 2007 14:50

I too think it extremely unlikely that a patient would be allowed out of a Secure Mental hospital in order to register the death of another patient! Could it possibly say 'officer'?? Is the cert a photcopy, or a handwritten modern copy? OC

Olive

Olive Report 27 May 2007 20:17

She was in prison but died in the hospital. It ask for the name of the informant which it gives and then Qualification which is given as occupier and a address as Broadmoor hospital.tried to scan cant get in a message here

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 May 2007 20:29

I would imagine that the witness was some sort of prison official. Perhaps 'Occupier' was used to save the feelings of the family - although quite why, I don't know - they presumably knew she was in Broadmoor, and what for. OC

Olive

Olive Report 27 May 2007 20:35

Thank you olive