Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 26 May 2007 19:14

WILLIAM SAMUEL KINGWELL AXFORD BORN MAY 1843, PARISH OF ST. GEORGE IN THE EAST, MIDDLESEX, MAM IS CHARLOTTE (MAIDEN NAME KINGWELL) DAD IS WILLIAM AXFORD. THEY LIVED AT 25 JANE STREET IN 1843 PER WILLIAMS BIRTH CERT. any help please shirl xx thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 May 2007 20:07

What was the father's occupation? Reg

Georgina

Georgina Report 26 May 2007 20:18

I cant see them on the 1851 census but it looks like 2 sisters for William... 1. ELIZABETH SARAH KINGWELL AXFORD - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 05 MAY 1834 Morrice St -Wesleyan, Devonport, Devon, England 2. ANN KINGWELL AXFORD - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 06 JUL 1835 Morrice St -Wesleyan, Devonport, Devon, England Georgina.

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 27 May 2007 10:26

all the info i got from his birth certificate he was born in st. george in the east district st pauls his dad was a side waiter or a tide waiter, reg, but on his wedding cert states the two williams were mariners each time i type in william axford his date of birth england middlesex it comes up with the wedding cert for my grandfers nanny and williams wedding he wed ellen lewis in milford haven pembrokeshire in 1870 shirl

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 27 May 2007 10:36

william and ellens first daughter was named elizabeth, georgina thank you for that

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 28 May 2007 13:46

bump