Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alexander Rosenheim

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 26 May 2007 13:29

I have my husbands fathers birth cert can i ask u what u think it says his mothers maiden name was eithere mills or wills cannot quite make up my mind which it is fathers name alexander rosenheim b oct 1904 his fath ernest baron and mother elizabeth matilda thank v much Have looked up elizabeth birth 1866 and their 2 elizabeth under wills and mills

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 May 2007 13:32

This looks like the parents marriage:- Name: Ernest Baron Rosenheim Year of Registration: 1887 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun DISTRICT: Mile End Old Town County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 849 One of the other people on the page is Elizabeth Matilda Mills. Kath. x

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2007 13:33

On free bmd. Marriage Ernest Baron Rosenheim to Elizabeth Matilda Mills. June qtr 1887 Sue

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 May 2007 13:35

If you have your husband's father's date of birth you can look up the reference for his birth certificate in the complete index on Ancestry. If he was born after 1911, then his mother's maiden name will be in the index. SORRY - just realised it is 1904 so mother's maiden name not in the index. Have you tried looking for a marriage for the parents using the father's name? Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 May 2007 13:39

are you saying you cant read the cert? have you looked for a marriage cert for them . Pipped at the post!! so his mothers maiden name was MILLS from the ref found.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 May 2007 13:49

There is this birth which could be the one for Elizabeth:- Elizabeth M. Mills March qtr. 1866, Bethnal Green, 1c, 281. This is where she gives her birthplace as on the 1891 census:- Name: Elizabeth Rosenheim Age: 25 Estimated birth year: abt 1866 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Ernest B Gender: Female Where born: Bethnal Green, London, England Civil parish: Bethnal Green Ecclesiastical parish: St James the Less County/Island: London Country: England Street address: 84 Cranbrook Street Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Bethnal Green Sub-registration district: Bethnal Green East ED, institution, or vessel: 3a Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Rosenheim 25 Elizabeth Rosenheim 3 Ernest B Rosenheim 25 Mary A Rosenheim 1 Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 267; Folio 100; Page 40 Kath. x

Gillian

Gillian Report 26 May 2007 13:58

thank u kath and shirley and sue for yr help gill