Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help uncles birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 26 May 2007 12:55

Hi There, My uncle was born in November 1954 West Bromwich, Staffordshire. His mothers maiden name was Brookes. The only one I can find was registered in Oct Nov Dec 1952 in Manchester. Can anyone help me please? Richard

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2007 13:01

Would he have been registered in his mother's maiden name, or did she marry? Sue

Richard

Richard Report 26 May 2007 13:01

He was the third child, the eldest was born in 54, so he should be registered later than him not earlier.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 May 2007 13:02

Is this a living person cos if it is then dont quote his name as its against T&C Rules on here. How sure are you of his year of birth and does the one you found have the right mothers maiden name

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 May 2007 13:08

Have had a look and the one in 1952 seems to be the right one mothers maiden is correct and the quarter too its only the year that differs so I would say you have the wrong info as to when he was born, seems he was born in 1952 . Shirley

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 May 2007 13:14

so have you looked for the other siblings cos does seem odd. and if he was the 3rd child and the eldest was reg in 1954 then how come he was too. Theres certainly no one of his name listed in dec qtr 1954. Would you like me to look for the other siblings? PM me with their info. Dont put it on here. Shirley

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 26 May 2007 14:21

Have you found the child that was suppose to be born first maybe that waas earlier than you've been told as well?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 26 May 2007 16:39

The child born in 1952 with whatever the name is - may have died young and the child born after 1954 may have been given the same name. Jill

Richard

Richard Report 26 May 2007 18:36

Thanks very much to everyone who helped me with this thread. Cheers Rich