Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New eyes for the 1841 please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 26 May 2007 11:34

See below please

Heather

Heather Report 26 May 2007 11:38

Grateful for help on this one, my eyes are aching. I have in 1851 the following family (I have them in all later census - its just the 1841 Im looking for please). This Barbara is the sister of my GGFx3, John Thomas Cheal. John went up to Rotherhithe to work and died in 1856 - I have his death cert. His wife, Naomi and the children went to live with this couple in 1861, Rotherhithe. I have Barbara's baptism in 1815 from the IGI - she is called Barbary (!!) on that. I have the family going back to 1550 from my GGFx3 John Cheal. Its solely the 1841 I am looking for on this family please - I have everything else on them for centuries! 1851 New Street, Rotherhithe: Robert is a factory labourer, Louisa is a dressmaker. Name: Barbara Williams Age: 35 Estimated birth year: abt 1815 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Robert Gender: Female Where born: Brighton, Surrey, England Civil parish: Rotherhithe Ecclesiastical parish: All Saints County/Island: Surrey Country: England Registration district: Rotherhithe Sub-registration district: Rotherhithe Barbara Williams 35 (born Sussex 1816 as Barbara or Barbary! Cheal) Louisa Williams 18 (Born Sussex, Brighton) Robert Williams 42 (born Nottingham c 1809) Any help finding them in 1841 would be great. I wanted to see if there are more children. Thank you.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 26 May 2007 11:51

Heather Just letting you know that I am looking, although it's obviously a difficult one if you haven't found them! Don't hold out too much hope! Angela

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 26 May 2007 11:52

I've been trying too - I have tried various permutations but with no luck so far. Might be one of those elusive ones...

Heather

Heather Report 26 May 2007 12:01

Many thanks for trying. Im not a supersleuth so I thought one of you guys may see if when Id not. Im just wondering if Robert is a second marriage and so Barbara is in the 1841 with a different surname. Ill nip over to Family Tree Forum to see if any supersleuth can do it! Thanks for trying.