Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851/61 please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 09:10

William Wood c1843 Father Thomas. He married in 1865 in Northfleet Kent so imagine he was born around that area as well. Thank you

Deborah

Deborah Report 26 May 2007 09:34

Hi LLC, My geography of this area is rubbish, sorry. These are the only William's with father Thomas in Kent 1851, bn 1843 +/- 2yrs: View Record Name Parent or spouse names Birth Year Birthplace Relation Civil parish County/Island View Image View Record William Wood Thomas,Charlotte abt 1841 Gt Mongeham, Kent, England Son Great Mongeham Kent View Record William Wood Thomas,Mary abt 1843 Horton, Kent, England Son Horton Kirby Kent View Record William Wood Thomas,Caroline abt 1845 Rye, Sussex, England Son Iden Kent Do you have him on later census'. If so, where does it say he was born? Debs

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 09:54

It would be the one at Horton Kirby Could I have all the details please THank you I know what you mean about geography I am only beginning to realise how bad mine is lol

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 May 2007 10:16

Who did he marry? What do later censuses give as his birthplace? Reg

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 10:18

He married Charlotte Head born Northfleet They were both resident in Northfleet when they married

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 May 2007 10:26

The residence at the time of the marriage does not help.......we need to know his birthplace. Please let us know what it says on the census. Please also tell us his occupation....and that of his father........... Reg

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 26 May 2007 10:37

Is this 1871? William Wood Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1843 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Charlotte Gender: Male Where born: Horton Kirkby, Kent, England Civil parish: Horton Kirkby Town: Horton Kirkby County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Dartford Sub-registration district: Farningham ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 148 Household Members: Name Age Charlotte Wood 26 Mary Jane Wood 3 William Wood 28 William J Wood 2 months William is an agric lab & there is a Thomas Wood & family living next door who could be dad. Angela

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 26 May 2007 10:43

1851 as found above: William Wood Age: 8 Estimated birth year: abt 1843 Relation: Son Father's name: Thomas Mother's name: Mary Gender: Male Where born: Horton, Kent, England Civil parish: Horton Kirby County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Dartford Sub-registration district: Bexley ED, institution, or vessel: 1a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 62 Household Members: Name Age Richard Rolls 14 Eliza Stoneham 13 Mary Wood 28 Rebecca Wood 4 Thomas Wood 40 Thomas Wood 6 William Wood 8

Deborah

Deborah Report 26 May 2007 10:51

Hi LLC, Sorry, I am at work, and have been a bit busy the past hour, but I see someone else posted the info for you. Thanks to Angela :)) Debs

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 11:06

Thank you everybody

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 11:21

does it say what relationship Eliza Stoneham is to the Wood family please?

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 26 May 2007 11:27

Eliza Stoneham is a visitor. (How helpful!) Angela

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 11:28

lol ok thanks Yes they were very helpful when filling in census forms. There were a lot ofStoneham in the area and one was a witness at one of my weddings