Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

navy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 24 May 2007 22:37

hi just wondered if any one can help , i am trying to find what ship my father served on during ww2 does any one have acsess to these records or where i can help with this. thanks anna

Heather

Heather Report 24 May 2007 22:59

Was it the Royal or Merchant Service? If Merchant, then the National Archives online have downloadable records of medals awarded. Otherwise I dont think anyone would know what ship/ships your dad served on unless you buy his service record from the navy. Google for WW2 Naval Records and you should get the info you need. Normally about £30 I think. Good luck.

Linda in the Midlands

Linda in the Midlands Report 24 May 2007 23:38

if you managed to find the records from TNA can you let me know how please? I can never do it :(

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 25 May 2007 10:30

You will find all the information here. http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Defencefor/Veterans Jennifer