Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 look up PLEASE!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 17:44

I have a Thomas Morris b abt 1779 married Mary b. abt 1779 in Worcestershire they married may 1795. in Saint Micheal in Worcs. Sorry i don!t have much to go by,maybe a long shot. But Thank you anyway. Mini

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 May 2007 17:45

Mini, You might have to wait for a while as Ancestry is really playing up at the moment. Maureen

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 17:49

Thank you anyway. Mini

Georgina

Georgina Report 24 May 2007 18:11

Mini, Thomas Morris is a very common name but there is this one in 1841? Name: Thomas Morris Age: 60 Estimated birth year: abt 1781 Gender: Male Where born: Worcestershire, England Civil parish: St Martin Hundred: Worcester County/Island: Worcestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Worcester Sub-registration district: Worcester North Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ann Morris 40 Thomas Morris 60 Emma Powell 60 Georgina.

Vera

Vera Report 24 May 2007 18:12

Hi, Any good Name: Thomas Morris Age: 62 Estimated birth year: abt 1779 Gender: Male Where born: Shropshire, England Civil parish: Worthen Hundred: Chirbury (Lower Division) County/Island: Shropshire Country: England Street address: Meadowtown Occupation: Ag. Lab. Registration district: Montgomery Sub-registration district: Chirbury Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Mary Morris 55 Thomas Morris 62 Regards Vera

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 18:13

Vera how far away is that from Worcestershire Mini

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 18:20

That maybe be the one Georgina. His wife may have died by then will keep a note of it. Thank you very much for your time. Mini

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 18:23

Thank you Vera, i only asked because i was sure the family all came from Worcs. Thank you for your time. Mini

Vera

Vera Report 24 May 2007 18:25

Hi, I don't know the exact distance, but Shropshire and Worcestershire are almost next door to each other. I have just looked on the map. Regards Vera

Georgina

Georgina Report 24 May 2007 18:35

Mini are you sure this is their marriage they would have only been 16 if they were born in 1779? THOMAS MORRIS Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: MARY STEPHENS Marriage: 12 MAY 1795 Saint Michael Bedwardine, Worcester, Worcester, England Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 24 May 2007 18:35

Mini do you know the names of any children they had? Georgina.

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 18:43

Yes Georgina. William b/1798 John b/1800 Eleanor b/1807 Mary b/1810 All born in St. Johns Bedwardine. But i didn!t any of them would be still living at home by then. Mini

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 18:47

Thats why i put the year down as 1779 for the births as i couldn!t find them anywhere and that would be the earlist they would have married at. Mini

Mini -

Mini - Report 24 May 2007 18:56

I need to sign off now. I am not being rude i will get back later if i have any more messages. But Thank you anyway for your help. Regards Mini