Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups for VICTORIA, Australia - can anyone help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Loki

Loki Report 24 May 2007 12:14

Please could someone VERY kindly help. It seems that most of my mothers family emigrated to Australia! The person/people I am looking for are: Specifiacally the son of HERBERT HENRY MEYERS (MRCS LRCP ie. a doctor/surgeon) b~Mar 1860 Harlington, Staines, Middlesex, England and his wife JESSIE AMY (nee Woodley) b 8/10/1862 Camberwell Green, Surrey, England. They have a daughter MARION HANNAH in the UK 30/6/1883 in Finsbury Park, London, Middlesex, and then a son, whose name I should like to know, 16/12/1886 in Rushworth, Victoria, Australia these are both reported in 'The Times' in the UK. They may well have other children as well? They may have returned to the UK by 1901 as there is a death of a Herbert Henry Meyers of exactly the right age in Loughborough, but they do not appear to be on the UK 1891 or 1901 censi. They have siblings and cousins who live in VIC (and NSW) also. Many thanks, Geoff.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 24 May 2007 12:54

Hi Geoff. I live in Victoria and carry most BDM Vic. Index's. If i can follow through, let me know. These were the only two children listed under MEYERS to Herbert henry and Jessie amy Woodley in Victoria. I checked under MYERS also. MEYERS, Flor Irene CB 1417813 Birth Father: Herbert Henry Mother: Woodley Jessie Amy Event Place: Melb ( Melbourne ) Reg Year: 1888 Reg State: Victoria Ref Number: 13514 MEYERS, Herbert Clyde CB 1417849 Birth Father: Herbert Henry Mother: Woodley Jessie Am Event Place: Rush ( Rushworth ) Reg Year: 1887 Reg State: Victoria Ref Number: 6349 ************************************** Deaths Victoria: MEYERS, Herbt Clyde CD 613028 Death Father: Herbt Hy Mother: Woodley Jessie Amy Age at Death: 3M Death Place: R'Worth Reg Year: 1887 Reg State: Victoria Ref Number: 8125 No other Deaths on Index up to 1985 with parents Herbert and Jessie amy MEYERS ( nee Woodley) in Victoria Cheers. Tony....:>))

Loki

Loki Report 24 May 2007 13:44

Thank you EVER so much. I really never expected any answer! I'll have to digest this info and maybe get back to you later. THANK YOU, Geoff.