Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding a marriage please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fern

Fern Report 24 May 2007 11:00

Hi, I'm trying to find a marriage between Callaway and Carden. My grandfather was Raymond James Callaway in Dec 1926 in Medway mother's maiden name Carden. I have found another birth in Medway Leonard W Callaway born 1918 mother's maiden name Carden (must be a brother). I have searched all the years from 1910 to 1932 and I can't find a marriage between a Callaway and a Carden. Can anyone help me please. Many thanks.

Fern

Fern Report 24 May 2007 11:15

No I don't, I have ordered it should be here in the next few days. Just thought I could save myself some time and start searching.

Julie

Julie Report 24 May 2007 11:20

Do you have your G/Dads B/C, if yes what was his parents 1st names

Julie

Julie Report 24 May 2007 11:22

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works lol, but my gt g/parents didn't marry till 14 years after my nan was born and she was the youngest I have a look thou

Penny

Penny Report 24 May 2007 11:23

any years of birth for the Calloway & Carden - might help define a time frame in which they were married- sorry, you dont know their names- reply above appeared after I typed

Fern

Fern Report 24 May 2007 11:26

They married by 1926 when they son was born, but if Leonard is a son also looks very likely then they were married before then. I searched every quarter from 1910 to 1926 and nothing.

Fern

Fern Report 24 May 2007 11:30

Lol. Thank you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 May 2007 23:15

Could the mother have married twice? WW1 claimed the lives of many, many, young married men......... Reg

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 25 May 2007 13:37

Don't forget to check out records on Cityark - which is Medway's site. They have a lot of records on line - baptisms etc - even marriages after 1837 - it's great to be able to see actual signatures. It's an odd site in that it's sorted by church, then you get a list of files which are numbered - it's a bit hit and miss to find the year you want but then it's just a case of strolling up and down the list of files until you hit the right one! Could save you money on marriage certs. Jill