Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look up on 1901 Census Scotland please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 23 May 2007 21:02

I am looking for Duncan McEwan wife Jessie/Janet and daughter Robina age c9yr Dundee area. Dont know ages of parents but Duncan was down as foundry labourer in Robina's 1912 marriage in Dundee. Thank you Marion

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 23 May 2007 21:11

cant see a robina with parents duncan and janet jeanette

Julie

Julie Report 23 May 2007 21:14

Sorry Marion, Theres nothing jumping out at me Julie

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 23 May 2007 21:24

Hi Now that could be them, I just checked he was a slater. On Robinas marriage it has mother down as Jessie McEwan then something, then what looks like McKinnon ms Richie. mmm the mind boggles.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 23 May 2007 21:28

Thank you all for help on this. Doesn't look like late or even dec. Marion

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 23 May 2007 21:54

Thank for your help on this ladies. I will see if I can find any more on them tomorrow. Marion

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 23 May 2007 23:07

1891 does show wife as Jessie Name: Duncan McEwan Age: 31 Estimated birth year: abt 1860 Relationship: Head Spouse's name : Jessie Gender: Male Where born: Dundee, Forfarshire Registration Number: 644/11 Registration district: Hutchesontown Civil parish: Glasgow Govan County: Lanarkshire Address: 33 Govanhill St Occupation: Slater ED: 109 Page: 12 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 54 Line: 1 Roll: CSSCT1891_289 Household Members: Name Age Duncan McEwan 31 Jessie McEwan 30 Jessie McEwan 1 Maggie McEwan 10 William Smith 39 Maureen

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 24 May 2007 07:57

Thank you Maureen. Look's like that could be him. Ages are a bit off,wonder if he was telling 'porkies' lol I will try and get Robina'a birth and see what it say's. Thank's again Marion UPDATE..Found Robina's birth and mum Jessie's marriage.The plot thickens. I will be back later must dash. Thanks again.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 24 May 2007 19:17

Hi Ladies It turn's out that Jessie was married to a McKinnon was widowed, had Robina 1891 to Duncan. They then got married in 1894, her father was a Richie so that's it sorted thank you. On the marriage he is down as 33yr making him born 1861 he must have lied. Marion