Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please can any one help 1881

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 21 May 2007 19:05

hi i have looked and cant fins the following this is taken from the 1871 census william dimmock born 1841 , susan dimmock wife born 1845 , sarah born 1862 , alice born 1864, amy born 1867, william born 1869 and sydney born 1870 i have looked on family search.org and ancestry but just cant find them in the 1871 census they all give their birth place as paddington middlesex they are living in kensington paddington thanks so much i have tried different ways of spelling thier surname with no luck Thanks Tracy

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 21 May 2007 19:24

hello Is this the family in 1871 just for reference? Name: William Dimmock Age: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1841 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Susan Gender: Male Where born: Paddington, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Paddington County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Shoemaker Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Kensington Sub-registration district: St Mary Paddington ED, institution, or vessel: 35a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 85 Household Members: Name Age Alice Dimmock 7 Amy Dimmock 4 Sarah Dimmock 9 Susan Dimmock 26 Sydney Dimmock 5 months William Dimmock 30 William Dimmock 2 Sharmala.

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 21 May 2007 19:52

Hi yes deffinatly them i have been looking for so long but just cant find them thanks tracy

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 21 May 2007 20:01

Sharmala thanks so much the names all tally i will have a look thanks again for your help Tracy

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 21 May 2007 20:02

hi ive looked for you for the same family in 1881 and had no luck name veriations and the lot, but what i did was just search by first names and approx birth year and also occupation of william he was a shoemaker in the 1871 census and the closest i came up with is this...... Name: William Ford Age: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1851 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Susan Gender: Male Where born: Bermondsey, Surrey, England Civil parish: Tottenham County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: High Rd Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Bootmaker Registration district: Edmonton Sub-registration district: Tottenham ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Amy Ford 14 Richard Ford 3 Susan Ford 30 Thomas Ford 11 William Ford 30 William Ford 13 Sorry not much help i know, and the original image is very poor. perhaps someone else can help. Sharmala.