Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please read...Pratt Family Bible

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DottyAnn

DottyAnn Report 21 May 2007 15:21

Seen in Your Family Tree magazine. A Pratt family bible with a big family tree has been recovered along with some stolen property from a house in Swindon. The tree dates from 1797 up to 26/3/1956 (Northants) Other places mentioned are Edinburgh, Inverness and Cheltenham. If anyone knows who this bible may belong to please ring PC Larcombe at Highworth Police station 0845 408 7000.

DottyAnn

DottyAnn Report 26 May 2007 00:24

nudge

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 09:56

well done for putting this up Have you done a quicksearch on here to see if anybody is doing this tree?

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 26 May 2007 09:58

I just did a search of Pratt born 1797 and there are 5 pages.......

Joan

Joan Report 26 May 2007 17:00

nudge. Would like to know if there is an outcome.

DottyAnn

DottyAnn Report 27 May 2007 12:09

Hi I was interested in this as I am researching Pratts but cannot find where mine originated from. I spoke to PC Larcombe and he has promised to e-mail me with some names and dates from this family bible after this weekend just in case there might be a link to my Pratts. I told him I would publicise this on Genes Reunited in the hope that it might be returned to its owners. Ann (Dorothy)