Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

could somebody please check marriage;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:01

JAMES KNIGHTS SON OF WILLIAM KNIGHTS AND HANNAH BLOWERS ...I HAVE JAMES KNIGHTS BORN 1846 GISLEHAM SUFFOLK MARRIED TO JULIA GOODALL BORN 1851 BRADFIELD I HAVE THEM AS MARRIED IN GISLEHAM 13-1-1868 COULD SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT FOR ME THANKYOU.........

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 May 2007 22:10

On FreeBMD he shows on a marriage in the March quarter 1868 (4a 895) in Mutford (straddles Norfolk and Suffolk). There are 3 men listed and only one woman so it may be the one. Only other way to check it is to trawl through the BMDs on Ancestry for that quarter - if she appears with the same reg district and number then it's them. Jill

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 May 2007 22:10

1871 Name: James Knights Age: 24 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Julia Gender: Male Where born: Gisleham, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Kessingland County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Street address: Old Market Occupation: Ag Lab Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Mutford Sub-registration district: Kessingland ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 123 Household Members: Name Age Barrillar Knights 1 Herbert Knights 3 James Knights 24 Julia Knights 20 Not really sure what exactly you are after as you obviously have the marriage cert Maureen

Sue C

Sue C Report 16 May 2007 22:12

Have checked on full bmd index and found Julia Goodall 1st qtr 1868 reg dist Mutford 4a 895. Think freebmd have an error, and have her down as John? Sue

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 May 2007 22:15

She's there - same reg - same no. Mutford 4a 895 - Mar Q 1868. Jill

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:18

hi maureen thanks for info i don,t have certificate i had him as married to a elizabeth ? on my tree that i got from cesus records last year but since then i have been sent this new info from an unknown source and i need to find out if new info is correct or what i allready had a bit confusing yes........

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:20

hi jill thanks for looking have explained everything in reply to maureen see what you think......

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 May 2007 22:24

Births Jun 1870 Knights Barzillai Mutford 4a 744

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 May 2007 22:25

Which child are you descended from? You need the birth certificate of the child in question which will give you mum and dad's names - plus mum's maiden name. You're in danger of picking up on wrong marriage if you're trying to work this out from census returns. Jill

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 May 2007 22:28

I see the problem 1881 choice of 2 James Knights Julia abt 1847 Gisleham Head Kessingland James Knights Elizabeth abt 1844 Gisleham, Suffolk, England Head Pakefield Maureen

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:30

hi jill i know that i have JAMES and his parents correct it,s just who he was married to is the problem ....JULIA GOODALL or ELIZABETH ???

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:32

HI MAUREEN BIT CONFUSING IS,NT IT.....

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 May 2007 22:39

Hi Gary If you had one of the birth certificates of one of their children that would tell you mum's name. Jill

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:45

hi JILL it would help but i now have 2 james knights both born in the same area at roughly the same time 2 different wives and two different lots of children.......

Sue C

Sue C Report 16 May 2007 22:54

If nobody can come up with a conclusive answer to this, the only way to be sure you are on the right track will be to obtain both possible marriage certificates. You say you are sure of James's parents, so hopefully his father's name will appear on only one of them. Have had to do this myself.....costs money I know, but only way to be sure. Sue

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 May 2007 22:56

Gary, If you can confirm your research with certificates and census info then only you will know which is the right one. Good luck, Maureen

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 16 May 2007 22:56

thanks sue that may have to be an option...........