Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Francis Oliver Bailey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dubhlainn

Dubhlainn Report 16 May 2007 19:37

Hello All, I have a missing person who I am trying to find, and in the past the regulars here have ben a whoppong help to me when I hit brick wall.I need to find the the death date of one Francis Bailey. Here is the info I have now Born in sculcoates Hull in 1927 Possibly living or lived in Pudsey UK had 5 siblings Mother Isabella Cathcart Father Francis Bailey Please if anyone can help it would be a great finish to my tree. Andrew

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 16 May 2007 19:54

I cant see a death for him in the 1984-2005 indexes - any idea when he died - or whether he is dead at all?

Dubhlainn

Dubhlainn Report 16 May 2007 19:59

i think in 2003 if at all, ive had a few leads but nothing concrete. thanks for helping.

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 16 May 2007 20:01

Well I've not seen one in England and Wales so perhaps he died elsewhere!

June

June Report 16 May 2007 20:22

Name: Frank Bailey Birth Date: 15 Dec 1928 Death Registration Month/Year: Aug 2003 Age at death (estimated): 74 Registration district: Sheffield Inferred County: Yorkshire Register number: E98A Entry Number: 160 Name: Francis Irvine Bailey Birth Date: 23 Aug 1927 Death Registration Month/Year: Sep 2003 Age at death (estimated): 76 Registration district: Leeds Inferred County: Yorkshire Register number: K24C Entry Number: 50 June x

Penny

Penny Report 16 May 2007 20:48

Best tack would be to buy his death cert - see who registered the death, if they were related to him, it usually says

Dubhlainn

Dubhlainn Report 16 May 2007 20:49

Hi June, The second one is him. thats great to know.I have his sister still alive who was wondering after 50 years of not seeing him.She at least will have peace of mind.Do you know if or where we could find a wife or children? Thanks ANdrew

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 May 2007 21:49

Andrew, You could try looking through the marriage records on Ancestry. By the way, his birth is listed as just Francis in Skirlaugh district so I don' t think he was born in Sculcoates. Rose