Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brookers East Grinstead & Turners Hill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ernest

Ernest Report 16 May 2007 14:22

I am Ernest Brooker i have been searching for info on aunt Alice Louisa Brooker born in the Turners Hill area in to Frederick & Elizebeth- Brooker in 1882 , although i have her birth cert it would seem that after her parents moved to Brixton London around 1885 but the only info i have on her is from my cousin Charlie who said shE was around the Wandsworth London area around 1946 when she wouldc have been aged about 64 , i would be grateful for any help on this search Ernest Brooker

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 May 2007 14:23

Ernest could this be her in 1891?? What are you looking for her marriage, death or census info? 1891 census.. Name: Agnes Brooker Age: 9 Estimated birth year: abt 1882 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Frederick Mother's name: Elizabeth Gender: Female Where born: Turner's Hill, Surrey, England Civil parish: Lambeth Ecclesiastical parish: St Matthew County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Lambeth Sub-registration district: Brixton ED, institution, or vessel: 34 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Andrew Blocker 7 Agnes Brooker 9 Alexander Brooker 6 Elizabeth Brooker 34 Frederick Brooker 40 George Brooker 5 Georgina.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 May 2007 14:35

Georgina just beat me to it. That's the one I found, too. The whole family was born Turner's Hill. I had a look at the original in case Agnes was mistranscribed and should be Alice. No, it certainly looks like Agnes.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 May 2007 14:46

Ernest, could she have been a niece of Frederick & Susanna Ward? There's an Alice Brooker on the 1901 census, aged 19, They're living in Lingfield, Godstone, Surrey. Problem is Alice says that she's born Croydon, Surrey. Margaret

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 May 2007 15:43

Is this the birth? Name: Alice Louisa Brooker Year of Registration: 1882 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun DISTRICT: East Grinstead County: Surrey, Sussex Volume: 2b Page: 160 East Grinstead Reg'n district....... Crawley SSX 1837 1880 transferred to Horsham district on 1.10.1880 East Grinstead Forest Row Hartfield Lingfield West Hoathly Withyham Worth Ernest.....what was her father's occupation? (On the birth cert) Reg