Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census lookup pretty please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 16 May 2007 08:07

My mother in law has looked to find information about her father to no avail and is getting deeply disheartened so im trying to help her out. All I know is that his name was George Farquhar and he was born apporoximately early 1920s in Aberdeen, Scotland. Also he married a Christine Huggins/ Huggings and they had a few children one of whom was called Sandra who was born in 1956 Is there anyway anyone can help as im completely drawing blanks through this site?

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 16 May 2007 08:17

Hi Samantha Its NOT the census information you need to source. The earliest census available to us in 1901. I'd suggest you look at the Scotlands people web site - google this to find the url. All the very best Deborah

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 May 2007 09:10

ScotlandsPeople will come in handy later in your research Statutory Registers Births 1855 - 1906 Marriages 1855 - 1931 Deaths 1855 - 1956 Information for the approx dates you have given can only be got from Scottish GRO. Unless you can get someone to do a lookup for you at Edinburgh. Maureen

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 May 2007 10:09

Samantha for birth's & marriages for the years you need will only be available from the GRO in Scotland, you can contact them & have a search done. Read their website for more info. http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/index.html Georgina.