Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 15 May 2007 19:21

I have spent an awful long time with the help of others to trace the birth of Sarah Shaddock 1821 Bristol with no success. On her marriage certificate it states that her Father is John Shaddock a shoemaker. I would estimate that his birth would be 1790 to 1800 and I wondered as a long shot if there are any John Shaddock 40 to 50 years old on the 1841 census with occupation shoemaker or similar. Thanking You Claire

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 15 May 2007 19:22

So far the only ones I've found are a carpenter & an ag lab. Ozi.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 15 May 2007 19:22

Hi Clare, when did Sarah marry? Is she likely to be at home with her father in 1841?

Claire

Claire Report 15 May 2007 19:27

In 1841 Sarah was living in Birmingham with another family. Thank you all for your help I just cannot grt anywhere with Sarah at all. Ozzibird could you let me have some more details on the two John Shaddocks that you have found? Thank you so much

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 15 May 2007 19:28

What part of Bristol was she born in? Ozi.

Claire

Claire Report 15 May 2007 19:35

I have no idea and I have tried so hard but never found her birth.

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 15 May 2007 19:43

This family has a son, John, who is a shoemaker. Unfortunately the father is Richard & he's a carpenter. 4 Kingland Road. Name: John Shaddock Age: 29 Estimated birth year: abt 1822 Relation: Son Father's name: Richard Mother's name: Hannah Gender: Male Where born: Bristol Civil parish: Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Ecclesiastical parish: St Philip and St Jacob County/Island: Gloucestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Registration district: Clifton Sub-registration district: St Philip and Jacob ED, institution, or vessel: 1r Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 140 Household Members: Name Age Richard Shaddock 50 Hannah Shaddock 60 John Shaddock 29 Richd Shaddock 22

Claire

Claire Report 15 May 2007 19:46

Thanks Ozi I have looked at this family but another blank. Sarah lives in Birmingham near another relative Mary Shaddock again from Bristol and I managed to find her birth and family but again I was stuck because i could not find her parent's marriage which may have given me a link. Sarah herself is a tough nut to crack but her marriage in 1850 is a bigamous one and she had most of her children before she was married which caused a lot of confusion. Thank you again for taking the time to look for me. Regards Claire

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 15 May 2007 19:48

1841: John Shaddock abt 1791 Devon, England Hartland Devon John Shaddock abt 1786 Devon, England Sampford Spiney Devon ...>>>John Shaddock abt 1801 Wellington Somerset (ag lab, also in 1861, labourer in 1871) John Shaddock abt 1801 Yorkshire, England Tadcaster Yorkshire 1851: John Shaddock Elizabeth abt 1793 Hartland, Devon, England Head Hartland Devon John Shaddock abt 1801 Rushbury, Shropshire, England Servant Ruckley Shropshire ...>>>John Shaddock Elbe abt 1799 Kaplegrave, Somerset, England Head Taunton St James Somerset (carpenter)