Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Passenger lists to Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 15 May 2007 11:00

Would some one look on passenger lists for Canada.I am trying to find where my great uncle went to. We know he emigrated to Canada before WW1, returned to fight in the war and then went back to Canada. His name is Alfred Harrington Swinscoe, born 6th August 1892 at Dewsbury Yorkshire. He died in Vancouver, British Columbia in 1970. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Pam

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 15 May 2007 13:55

Sorry, Pam, can't help with passenger lists. Wondered if your Alfred married and had children in Canada. It's just that there are 5 Swinscoe deaths in Vancouver including Alfred's and it's such an unusual name. Actually most of them are old enough to be siblings not children. Margaret

Pam

Pam Report 15 May 2007 15:07

Have you done a google search for Alfred. There is a family tree on rootsweb but it just gives his date of birth and parents.

Pamela

Pamela Report 15 May 2007 16:03

Swinscoe family on rootsweb is part of my family but no one has ever been able to find any info about Alfred in Canada. As far as we know he was the only one to emigrate, I have info on all his other siblings. Does anyone know best way to do research in Canada? Thanks Pam