Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

nunn help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 10:37

Hi,I seem to have got in a mess regarding my family tree.I dont seem to be able to get this right,can anyone have a look at these family members and see if you can work out the correct line I should be following. John Nunn born 1807 Ipswich,Suffolk Joshua Nunn born 1770 Ipswich ,Suffolk. I thought that Joshua Nunn here came from Stowmarket but my Joshua Nunn has to be born in Ipswich,so not right .I have been following the Nunns from Wexford Ireland but I dont think they are right either .I have found a Joshua Nunn born 1807 (name )perhaps John,whos father is William Nunn ,could this be the right family? Any help would be appreciated as I am totally confused right now ,as you can see. William nunn born 1843 born Ipswich ,Suffolk is my gg grandad. thankyou very much,Suzanne.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 May 2007 10:37

Just to pin him down..........is this your relation in 1851? Name: John Mann Age: 45 Estimated birth year: abt 1806 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Ipswich, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Ipswich St Margaret Town: Ipswich County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Registration district: Ipswich Sub-registration district: St Clement ED, institution, or vessel: 5k Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 76 Household Members: Name Age Emma Mann 15 John Mann 45 John Mann 10 Mary Mann 6 William Mann 8 If he isn't 'yours', please post full 1851 census details for the right family......... Reg

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 11:13

Hi Reg,thanks for replying,I dont think that is my family,I have as below, this is the 1861 census ,cannot find the 1851. I have , John nunn born abt 1807 HEAD Eliza nunn daughter age 25 Mary Ann nunn daughter age 16 William nunn son age 18 William L nunn grandson age 2 there is no wife here,but her name was Eliza also on the 1841 census.

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 11:16

Hi yes this is mine but the name was mistranscribed as Mann when it should be Nunn.

Georgina

Georgina Report 15 May 2007 11:16

Is this him in 1851?? Name: William Jas Nunn Age: 7 Estimated birth year: abt 1844 Relation: Son Father's name: William Mother's name: Hephsitah Gender: Male Where born: Ipswich, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Guildford St Mary Town: Guildford County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Guildford Sub-registration district: Woking ED, institution, or vessel: 2b Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 16 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth V Nunn 17 Hephsitah Nunn 42 Joshua A Nunn 6 Martha A Nunn 12 Naomi Nunn 10 Rosina R Nunn 14 William Nunn 42 William Jas Nunn 7 Georgina.

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 11:22

Hi Georgina,No this is not the right one I dont think ,William was born in 1843 and was a pupil teacher ,his father was John Nunn born 1807 bootcloser.Johns wifes name was Eliza.I have not got a Hephicitah? sp

Georgina

Georgina Report 15 May 2007 11:33

So is this the family in 1841? John is a Bootcloser. Name: John Nunn Age: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1811 Gender: Male Where born: Suffolk, England Civil parish: St Helen Hundred: Ipswich County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Ipswich Sub-registration district: St Margaret Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Benjamin Nunn 11 Eliza Nunn 30 Eliza Nunn 6 John Nunn 30 John Nunn 6 Mo Georgina.

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 11:41

Hi ,yes this is the right one thanks ,I just cant seem to go any further?

Marie

Marie Report 15 May 2007 11:53

Hurry Hurry Suz. There was a fam. bible offered for sale on e bay and there was a page of family entries in it.I remember Nunn of Ipswich and either a Winifred or a gertrude's birth. It might not have gone yet and you can see that page(need magnifying glass) Go on to e bay and put in family bibles and see if that one is still there. M

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 12:12

thanks for that but I cant see anything there at all,perhaps its gone ? or maybe I am not looking in the right place ?

Marie

Marie Report 15 May 2007 12:30

No sorry! I have just looked and it has gone. It was last week or so. It just showed the flyleaf with all these names. I remeber a Winifride or Gertrude 1867...was one of them... I remember thinking a Nunn researcher would be interested..... and then today your message came up. I sometimes scribble things like that down but can't remember if I did this time or where in this muddle of papers it might be.! M

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 15 May 2007 23:08

thankyou anyway Marie ,and thanks to all helping ,Suz

Georgina

Georgina Report 15 May 2007 23:45

Suz if you are sure that is your family in 1841 you could send for their son John's birth certificate, then at least you would have their mothers maiden name. Births Dec 1840 (>99%) Nunn John Ipswich 12 313 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 15 May 2007 23:54

I wonder if Eliza could be John's second wife? There is this marriage in 1839... Marriages Dec 1839 (65%) ALLEN Eliza Ipswich 12 699 NUNN John Ipswich 12 699 PARKER Elizabeth Ipswich 12 699 WATTS Philip Ipswich 12 699 WRIGHT Edward Jennings Ipswich 12 699 On the 1841 census there is an Allen family living 2 doors away from John & Eliza? If you got one of the childrens birth certificates & their mothers name was Eliza Allen then their marriage certificate would give you John's fathers name & occupation. Georgina.

Suz from Notts

Suz from Notts Report 16 May 2007 00:04

Hi GEORGINA,thankyou for your help ,I will certainly take your advice about the certificates.I hope it will help me find Johns father ,well the right one anyway,best wishes,Suz.