Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please Can Somebody Help Me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 14 May 2007 14:29

hi could anybody help me i am trying to find my dad who i belive has passed on his name was edward hayward and i think he was born about1929 in london and may of died 1975 belive i could have a step brother jeffory hayward born i think around 1950 i belive the family home use to be ladbrook grove in london, i also have been told my dad use to run a garage in london and jeffory dont know if i am even spelling his name right used to own a company called enterprise scrape metal merchants in london this is so hard because my mother will not give me any information to help as i belive he was married. i am getting no where fast has anyone got advice or know how to help me my head is spining as what ever i try i am not getting anywhere many thanks kindest regards lynn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 May 2007 14:37

If you have good reason for thinking that your father died in 1975, you could look up the death registration on Ancestry, indexes are FREE to search, just register. After 1969, birthdates are shown on the death index so you could hopefully find the correct entry. You could then send for a certificate. The address and that of the informant will give you an area to work on and electoral lists could be checked for that address for other people with the same surname., in later years. Gwyn

Julie

Julie Report 14 May 2007 14:39

There a birth for an Edward MMN Hayward in Paddington 1928 J-A-S qtr 1a 57 There was nothing for 1929