Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Somerset Pre 1837 - Are you looking for records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jalanne

Jalanne Report 12 May 2007 21:03

Hi - I've collated thousands of records from Somerset parishes, mainly around the Stogumber area, but there are several others. If you are looking for anyone in Somerset pre 1837 then please message me with details. I've been able to help with about a third of the queries i've had - so it's worth asking!!!

Maid Marian of

Maid Marian of Report 12 May 2007 22:28

Could you see if there is a marriage for a James Matthews to Mary ? (maybe Denham) around 1810 ish. Thanks

Willow

Willow Report 12 May 2007 22:43

Hi have we spoken before? your name rings a bell. Im looking for Dascombes, especially a John Dascombe according to the census he was born in Bath circa 1808. Many thanks

Jalanne

Jalanne Report 12 May 2007 22:50

Hi Will-O- the wisp - yes we have spoken before! - Dascombe crops up from time to time - will see what i can find! Maid Marion - i'm sorry - nothing at all for Denham - but i'll look for the names in other parishes. Judith

Jalanne

Jalanne Report 12 May 2007 22:52

Maid Marion - sorry - just had a senior moment there - possibly Mary Denham ? - oops!!!

Brian

Brian Report 15 May 2007 14:22

Hi Judith i hope you can help i am looking for my 3x gt grandfather born about 1789s Chard Somerset his name was William Carder Reagrds Brian

Chrissy Confused

Chrissy Confused Report 15 May 2007 18:51

Hi I am looking for the birth of Robert Penny 1763/64. I know he married in Radstock, and that the Penny's were in this area for 4 generations, and most were married in the same church, St Nicholas,Radstock. He married Anne Horler 21/09/1795. Thank you, if you need more info just pm me. Chrissy

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 May 2007 19:02

Judith, do you have anything for Ditcheat or Evercreach? M. Steer

Karen

Karen Report 15 May 2007 19:21

Hi Judith, could you have a look for John Fudge born abt 1815-1820 in or around the Tounton area, i know that he married Jemima carter abt 1837 but thats all i know, trying to find his parents and siblings, thanks

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 15 May 2007 19:50

Hi Judith. Do ypu have any records for Ilminster? If so i am looking for any info on Charles Wootten born 1760 who married Sarah Lock born 1762. Thanks Marcelle

Jalanne

Jalanne Report 15 May 2007 21:48

Hi - will see what i can find for you all, i'll pm you to let you know what i find. Didn't realise all these requests were here!!!!!!

Susie Floosie

Susie Floosie Report 15 May 2007 22:00

Are you able to look up Gascoigne's in Kilmington I think there was a lot of them? Regards Susie :-}

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 15 May 2007 23:12

Hi Judith Would you have any records from around Chard? If you do I have a little Hutchings/Beer problem that I cannot solve! If you have Chard let me know and I will post a few details. Jill

Jalanne

Jalanne Report 16 May 2007 06:31

Hi all - i have logged all your questions so far, and will get back to everyone in turn. Cheers, Judith

Linda

Linda Report 9 Jul 2007 17:19

Hi, Do you have any records for Combe Florey please? I am looking for Thomas and Sarah Stoate, regards Linda

Alison

Alison Report 9 Jul 2007 20:22

Hiya this could really help!! Martin Venn marriage to Joan ? and a death for Joan Venn before.1841 aged about 50ish thanks!

LandJ

LandJ Report 9 Jul 2007 22:34

Hello Judith, Have you got anything for Ilchester and Bridgwater please? Thanks

Genevieve

Genevieve Report 10 Jul 2007 12:29

Hi Judith, Thankyou for your kind offer. I am looking for any information on the following - John Walker B. c 1831 Bath, Somerset he married Mary Anne Jones B. c 1832 Farrington Gurney, Somerset John Walker B. c 1794 Bath, Somerset he married Sarah ?? B. c 1794 Ashwick, Somerset Martha Walker - I think she died in Bath about 1814. Any birth, marriage or death details on any of the above would be great. Many thanks - Genevieve