Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Just Sue

Just Sue Report 11 May 2007 22:55

Problems finding anne lowrie b1882 durham sunderland fathers name james lowrie mothers name emily robinson other children edith emily b1884 amy johanna b 1887 james b 1890 regards sue

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 May 2007 22:56

1901 not sure whether to post this or not Name: Amy Laurie Age: 14 Estimated birth year: abt 1887 Relation: Inmate Gender: Female Where born: Sunderland Civil parish: Hampstead Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Hampstead Sub-registration district: Hampstead ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 218

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 22:56

These???? Mother has re-married Name: Edith E Lowrie Age: 16 Estimated birth year: abt 1885 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Fred H Mother's name: Emily E Gender: Female Where born: Sunderland, Durham, England Civil parish: Sunderland Ecclesiastical parish: Monkwearmouth Venerable Bede Town: Sunderland County/Island: Durham Country: England Registration district: Sunderland Sub-registration district: Monkwearmouth ED, institution, or vessel: 8 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 96 Household Members: Name Age Henry Barraclough 29 Emily E Dobbs 43 b. Harwich. Essex Fred H Dobbs 24 Annie Lowrie 19 Edith E Lowrie 16 James Lowrie 11 Chas J Robinson 35 Reg

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 May 2007 23:00

Yes but that doesn't mean other people spell it the same way. How often have you had to spell out your surname? Also the spelling of surnames changes over time. Don't ignore leads on spelling alone. It is a very modern concept. Ozi.

Just Sue

Just Sue Report 11 May 2007 23:04

hi thanks for your help I know that the name was definatley spelt lowrie not lawrie thank goodness lol

Just Sue

Just Sue Report 11 May 2007 23:04

REG thanks for that i never thought of emily remarrying but it does look like her she was born in harwich essex think i will have to back track on this 1 thanx again

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 11 May 2007 23:05

could this be them Henry Barraclough 29 Emily E Dobbs 43 Fred H Dobbs 24 Annie Lowrie 19 Edith E Lowrie 16 James Lowrie 11 Chas J Robinson 35

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 23:06

Susan Don't get caught in the trap of 'correct' spelling........you have to allow for illiteracy, bad writing, transcription errors, etc, etc. Reg

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 11 May 2007 23:08

re marriage Edith Emily Lowrie 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Gateshead Durham, Tyne and Wear Frederick Charles Dobbs 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Gateshead Durham, Tyne and Wear View Record Frederick Holmes Dobbs 1899 Jan-Feb-Mar Gateshead Durham, Tyne and Wear

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 May 2007 23:09

Think I will have to rule out my 1901 posting as it is a Sailors Orphans Home. Maureen

Just Sue

Just Sue Report 11 May 2007 23:09

thank you all for your help I really would like to say you are all a fantastic group of people on here and without your help and advise i dont think i would have got this far . cheers sue