Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 21:08

Looking for a Charles BUTLER c 1868 Woolwich/Greenwich It is his sister Maria c1870 Woolwich that I am after but she is proving to elusive so hoping to catch hold of her borther please Father's name William. Help going crazy. I keep finding the wrong Butler familys. Gloria

Sue C

Sue C Report 11 May 2007 21:20

Is this apossible for Charles? Condition Sex Age Profession/Occupation Where Born Original census image -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BUTLER, William Head M 41 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Jane Wife F 38 Kent VIEW BUTLER, William Son M 14 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Andrew Son M 12 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Jane Daughter F 5 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Charles Son M 3 Kent VIEW BUTLER, George Son M 0 Kent VIEW -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: RG10 Piece: 742 Folio: 117 Page: 31 Registration District: Greenwich Sub District: St Paul Deptford EnumerationDistrict: 6 Ecclesiastical Parish: Civil Parish: St Paul Deptford Municipal Borough: Address: Giffin Street, St Paul Deptford

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 21:21

Have you found Maria on ANY census? Reg

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 21:28

that looks like that could be the one I am after.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 21:31

The one Sue posted is transcribed on Ancestry as Buller As there is a 10 month old child with them, it seems unlikely that Maria belongs to them........unless her birth year was not 1870. Do you have her birth cert? Reg

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 21:31

I have been searching for her birth but cant find it. There is one for Hampstead but thats not her as that one married somebody else

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 21:33

I have her marriage certificate 1890 she says william as fahter and aged 20

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 21:34

I suspect she is in the metropolitan district school sutton surrey on 1881 where there is a Charles Butler that I assumed may be her brother but no census shows Maria prior to her marriage.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 21:54

It's possible that she 'dreamed up' a father for the marriage cert.........something to bear in mind. Did she give his occupation? And do the names of the witnesses hold any helpful clues? Who did she marry? Reg

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 21:56

she married William Pearson in Northfleet Kent and fathers occupation is labourer as usual lol Not much help is it

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 11 May 2007 22:02

the one on the 1881 has birth yr as 1871, maybe she was born after the cencus was taken,

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 22:03

witnesses look like Amos Stoneham and Alice Howes

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 11 May 2007 22:17

long shot.. Ann Maria Butler 1870 Jan-Feb-Mar Greenwich Greater London, Kent, London

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 22:27

Thanks Jennifer Ann Maria could be a possible. Right birth place and year.

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 22:33

Could there be an Ann Butler on 1871 then?

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 22:41

off to my bed to ponder this over.lol Thanks for your help

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 22:42

I just had a brainwave. If her mothers name was Ann then maybe she just got called Maria and grew up thinking Maria was her name. lol

Sue C

Sue C Report 11 May 2007 22:49

There's this one. Don't know if it's any good? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BUTLER, James Head M 32 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Ellen Wife F 31 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Arthur Son M 9 Kent VIEW BUTLER, James Son M 7 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Mary Daughter F 3 Kent VIEW BUTLER, Ann Daughter F 1 Kent VIEW -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: RG10 Piece: 745 Folio: 69 Page: 26 Registration District: Greenwich Sub District: St Paul Deptford EnumerationDistrict: 25 Ecclesiastical Parish: Civil Parish: St Paul Deptford Municipal Borough: Address: Greenfield St Farie's Buildings, St Paul Deptford, Deptford

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 11 May 2007 22:52

Thanks Sue Trouble is she gives her fathers name as William on her marriage. Cant get onto familysearch to check 1881. Think they are doing maintenance so will have to leave it now until tomorrow