Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage look up please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 11 May 2007 11:26

Some of you may remember I was looking for a marriage between William Mountain and a Caroline ?. Well I ordered one of their childrens birth certificates which arrived today. It states mothers maiden name was SMITH! So, please could you assist me in finding their marriage. I have had a look and no luck. WILLIAM MOUNTAIN & CAROLINE SMITH - married possibly before 1849 (as their first child was born 1849). William was definately from Bradford and Caroline was possibly from Leeds (the census' state different everytime). All of their children were born in bradford Thank you

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 11 May 2007 11:29

looked on freeBMD nothing came up Jeanette

David / Pamela

David / Pamela Report 11 May 2007 11:53

Nothing on BIVRI sorry

Pete

Pete Report 11 May 2007 12:06

FreeBMD have the following entry: Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Dec 1844 (48%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lupton Elizabeth Bradford Y 23 269 >>SMITH Caroline Bradford (Y) 23 269 WARTON Martha Bradford 23 269 Currently only 48% of the records are transcribed so a quick look at the images for that quarter reveals: MOUNTAIN William with the same reference details Hope that helps Pete PS. If you haven't found them in the 1851 census you'll have fun searching. Ancestry have the family as follows: Household Members: Name Age Alfred Monaton 8 Mo Caroline Monaton 27 Thomas H Monaton 4 William Mowaton 27 Enoch Smith 25 Sarah Smith 20 Note the SMITH lodgers, Caroline's brother perhaps?

Janet

Janet Report 11 May 2007 12:35

Many thanks to all for your help and yes those are there children Janet