Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not posted in proper place but dont know what to d

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 11 May 2007 11:17

Hi, My friend had a small tree on genes and it could be viewed ok, then she uploaded her gedcom file and now is no longer able to view the tree, just error messages, all the time BUT, it can be viewed on other computers, have tried deleting gedcom, etc uploading again , no good, even completetly deleted her account, and started again, but still no good Support will not answer my emails has anyone had a similar problem, or know of an answer Thanks It is always the same comp, the one used to upload the gedcom in the first place, and straight after this the problems started, no problems on any other computer Thanks again Steve

Thelma

Thelma Report 11 May 2007 12:00

Go to tips board look for a thread by 'judy in the states' about computer maintainance. I would go to tools (top of screen)/internet options and clear Cookies /history/temporary files.

Steve

Steve Report 11 May 2007 12:02

thanks for that but i have deleted all of that sort of stuff steve

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 11 May 2007 12:15

What family tree programme has she used to make her new tree on?

Steve

Steve Report 11 May 2007 12:20

im not sure she got it from here brother but it can be viewed on other computers, when loaded also i completetry deleted the account ans started agin with only here on it and it still does the same thing (dont load up tree page and error message regards steve