Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Help Please....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 18:45

Hi Been looking for a marriage between a Robert Reay and Hannah Ellison married Northumberland or Durham, But without any luck think they would of married between 1840-1850 There daughter Hannah Elizabeth Reay was born in hexham 1849 Second Marriage for Hannah was to a Carruthers this was her name in 1861 living Heworth Gateshead, Durham Tried different ways of spellings but still came up against a brickwall, So if anyone would like to have ago please do as my head is scrambled Regards Ann

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 19:05

Hi Margaret Hannah and Robert were living Heworth Durham in 1851 census Daughter Ann and Susanna Would give you a address but my book of census that i wrote down has gone on a wonder looked every where margaret, Not a happy bunny at the min Ann

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 19:09

Margaret i have cursed my son's and hubby, just got my eye on the book they were living Lowfell Gateshead durham there ears must be burning, ha ha Ann

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 19:18

1851 Ann Reay Age: 2 Estimated birth year: abt 1849 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Robert Mother's name: Hannah Gender: Female Where born: Henham, Northumberland, England Civil parish: Gateshead Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Gateshead Sub-registration district: Gateshead ED, institution, or vessel: 20 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 32 Household Members: Name Age Ann Reay 2 Hannah Reay 28 Robert Reay 25 Susanah Reay 7

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 May 2007 19:23

Hi Ann, don't worry I won't tell hubby and sons what you accused them of. I'll delete that 1851 that I added. I realized it was wrong before I saw your message because I found them in 1861. Margaret

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 19:24

Thats the family jennifer then in 1861 census hannah was known as Carruthers Husband was a joseph Ann

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 19:26

Thanks for your help margaret it is appreciated, funny thing is margaret i even cant find her second marriage to a Carruthers, do you think she just lived with them and took there name on? Ann

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 19:27

Good one Jennifer I'll take a look maybe she didn't marry the robert reay Ann

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 19:27

this looks like joseph and hannahs marriage, though no females name on page, but right yr and place Joseph Carruthers Year of Registration: 1860 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep DISTRICT: Gateshead County: Durham, Tyne and Wear Volume: 10a Page: 594 (click to see others on page)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 May 2007 19:44

I checked the complete index to match that Joseph Carruthers. Ther was no Hannah Reay, Ray or Ellison. Curious! Margaret Gotta go, thunder & lightning are getting closer. Now they say we're under a severe storm watch. Better shut down.

Ann

Ann Report 10 May 2007 19:50

Thanks for all your help Margaret Just started to rain here, glad there's no thunder and lightening as i am scared of it Regards Ann

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 May 2007 22:55

Hi Ann I see you have found another daughter, Susanna, on the census. There is a birth entry for a Susanna ELLISON b.Hexham Dec 1844. If this is Hannah's daughter it implies that she wasn't married at that time. Regards Sarah