Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help with a marriage?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Davina

Davina Report 10 May 2007 18:22

I am trying to find a marriage for Emily Ethel Bailey and Edwin A D Beeching. Emily was born 1905 Ashford. Can anyone help?

Davina

Davina Report 10 May 2007 19:22

Thanks Elaine but i have already had a look there but and no luck.

Sam

Sam Report 10 May 2007 19:28

Whereabouts in the country? Have you checked the full indexes on Ancestry and not just the partial ones, if they did marry then it WILL be there. Sam x

Sam

Sam Report 10 May 2007 20:12

I have searched 1925 - 1930 for you and they are not there, BUT there are a lot of quarters missing, they could be on one of those. Sam x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 May 2007 20:16

Davina, What years have you searched? Did you get at least one page for every quarter? Sometimes the handwritten amendments at the bottom of the page mess up the alphabetical listings and a quarter isn't displayed. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 May 2007 20:20

There's no birth for Emily Ethel Bailey on FreeBMD. Where did you find her birth? Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 May 2007 20:28

Edwin's birth? Births Dec 1888 BEECHING Edwin Arthur D W. Ashford 2a 765 Rose

Davina

Davina Report 10 May 2007 21:10

Emily Ethel Bailey was my gg grandmother. She died in nov 1985 and it has her date of birth 1st may 1905.I found that on ancestry. I am not sure if she was known as Ethel as i have spoken to other people and they have her as Ethel Bailey but from speaking to my mum she knew her as Emily so it is a bit confusing. Edwin A D Beeching married twice i have his pervious marriage. I believe they came from Ashford area.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 May 2007 21:18

When was her first child born and when did Edwin's first wife die? If she didn't die, when did they divorce? You need to give us an idea as to the time frame. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 May 2007 21:20

This might be her birth? Births Jun 1905 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bailey Emily Tenterden 2a 912 Rose