Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Lookup Please Edgeworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 10 May 2007 12:00

Hi MARY JANE EDGEWORTH Have just looked through freebmd for an hour and I just can't find her birth can someone please help. Mary Jane Edgeworth, 1881 census has her as Mary Jane Brown married to Aaron Brown this is correct, Marriage 1876 in Wigan Lancashire. 1881 Census Name: Mary Jane Brown Age: 25 Estimated birth year: abt 1856 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Aaron Gender: Female Where born: U K, Cheshire, England Civil parish: Ince in Makerfield County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: 1 Taylors Square Condition as to marriage: Married Thank you in advance Julie

Julie

Julie Report 10 May 2007 12:05

Hi Julie I couldn't find her birth or pick her up on the 1871 census

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 May 2007 12:07

Have you got her marriage certificate? Who are the witnesses.?...They may help find her. She may have taken a stepfather's surname. Gwyn

Penny

Penny Report 10 May 2007 12:10

registering a birth only became compulsory in 1875- she may not have been registered. her marriage cert wil tell her fathers name -( she may have been a widow when she married)

Penny

Penny Report 10 May 2007 12:19

in 1891 , she;s born Cheshire, but a bit later , 1859 ( aged 32) Margaret Alice 6/12 Aaron Brown 32 Aaron Brown 4 Ellen Brown 11 Mary Jane Brown 32 Name: Mary Jane Brown Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1859 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Aaron Gender: Female Where born: Cheshire, England Civil parish: Ince in Makerfield Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch Town: Ince in Makerfield County/Island: Lancashire Country: England ---------------------------- and gone AWOL on 1901 - so that wont help Aaron Brown 41 Aaron Brown 14 Ellen Brown 77 Lavenia Brown 2 Margaret A Brown 8 Mary E Brown 5 Mary J Brown 7 months Sarah J Brown 8 No AWOL - He's a widower..with a 7 month old baby. poor chap

Julie

Julie Report 10 May 2007 12:21

Hi Thanks for help, looks like this is one I have to order marriage certificate for, I live in Australia and it is taking about 3 weeks at the moment. Thanks, if you do find anything else I will check back... Julie

Julie

Julie Report 10 May 2007 22:27

nudge